cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

tp-link Archer AX73 ipv6

I've just setup my own router after losing patience with the BT SH2 and no WiFi6 replacement on the horizon (I know there are a few recent posts on the web about it coming this year but there were at this time last year and yet here we are!)

Everything is working fine (big speed boost and much improved range) apart from ipv6. Everything I have tried fails. Has anyone got this working recently?

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/2942/ I this was my starting point but not working for me.

Forgot to add, setup is ONT to tp-link. SH2 is not used.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: tp-link Archer AX73 ipv6

Bumping this hoping someone can help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@lufc87 

There are other TP-Link guides that say use Auto not Non-Address. See this one. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Sadly, not all TP-Link routers (even new WiFi6 ones) are able to operate IPV6 on BT FF, due BT somehow decided as they might go with very specific implementation of it…

Personally I ended up to keep SH2 in place, either for DV, either to handle IPV6, until my Omada setting will be able to deal with it directly… 

It’s quite fun, to have ER605 handle firewall and DHCP for IPV4, but has it on BRIDGE for IPV6, and keep this handled by SH2… surprisingly, not big issues in term of usability, but for sure, totally crazy anyways :)))

Furthermore, TP-Link is know to abandoned FW updates for many of their routers very soon after they comes with new HW revision, and many routers has quite a bit of problems which will be never sorted, IPV6 not excluded :), but Omada devices, somehow, getting (at least for now) updates, and sorting it, slowly 🙂 to get there…

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I got ipv6 set up on my draytek modem by looking at the sh2 settings.

I think it needed to disable dns and ipv6 dhcp and also use a ppp connection.

0 Ratings