cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Activate Discovery plus

I am trying to activate Discovery + through My BT. I can find the activate discovery plus but when I press i

the button it just takes me back to My BT

I have tried clearing my cache and going in through web browser rather than the app but no luck.

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem so maybe someone already knows the solution.

I have a BT landline, broadband and BT Sport on Sky Tv through BT.

Thanks for any help 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Activate Discovery plus

If you access BTSPORT do you get  'activate discovery plus'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I did get Activate Discovery Plus and when I press that I got directed to MyBT with no further mention of Discovery plus. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

@imjolly the message in the BT Sport app isn't customer-specific. It's shown to everyone, and the link is the generic one to www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus.

@daharrison23 after logging into MyBT, there may be an "activate discovery+" link on the first screen. If not, select "Your products" and then the relevant section beneath there - do you see a tile with an "activate" button on it? Ignore the one that says "Manage".
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I only have the Manage option not the Activate option

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

In which case, please email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your BT ID and BT account number. I'll provide a workaround to allow you to activate.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I have emailed you 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Hi Darren

I have the same problem - when I click the link in the email from BT it takes me to my old and inactive BT Sport account; when I select my active BT broadband account there is no activate option, only 'manage'.  When I look under my products TNT appears on my main account but there is no 'activate' option.

I have tried to call BT on multiple occasions but cannot get through on any of the options, including cancel.

I've emailed you with my username and account number and would be very grateful if you would please fix the lack of activation option, and also remove the old BT Sport account if possible leaving just my main BT account.

Many thanks.

Stu

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@FlyboyStu sorry, your email was blocked as junk email and wasn't delivered. Even more annoyingly, I can't reply as any attempt to email you is also blocked as junk!
I've removed your old monthly pass account and enabled a workaround on your active account to allow you to activate at www.bt.com/sport/activate-discovery-plus
Can you please let me know when you're activated and I'll remove the workaround.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hi Darren - activation link received and now works fine.  Many thanks!

Stu