cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT Sport/TNT Sport Annual Plan?

You've already been contacted to say that nothing changes.
If you need to do anything, you'll be contacted again.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

@DarrenDevHi - is there any further news on these yet?

1: You say 'BT Sports via BT' subscribers will get TNT Sports in Discovery+ from day 1 - any sign of this being the UHD channel too?

2: Any news of 'BT Sports via Sky' subscribers and Discovery+ access for TNT Sports?

3: I take it all the extra BT/TNT Sport channels (5-10) will also be in Discovery+ - so dependent on UHD is they anything content wise which will be lost in switching from BT Sport app to Discovery+ app?

Regards

@DarrenDevwrote:
Yes - UHD is one of a number of minimum requirements for TNT Sports launch. I don't know what platforms they'll be supporting it on though.
And yes - your Discovery+ account will be enabled for TNT Sports as soon as it launches.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Two weeks out, and nothing really isn't good.

Will there be a TNT Sports app for big & small screen, or is it Discovery+?

How will the 4K aspect be sold, is it part of it or an add-on, and do they plan to offer DD audio on the streamed channels, or are we stuck with the abysmal audio currently offered by Eurosport and BT Sport?

What sort of quality is the HD going to be? I hope better than current, because it looks so post-processed and bitrate starved that the 720p streams on iPlayer are far superior to the 1080p on BT and Eurosport channels.

Extra streams (As mentioned above) such as BT Sport 5 ect, or will they be dropped for 'pop-up' streams as and when they're needed, like D+ currently uses.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

18th July is actually almost 3 weeks away but hey

All they really need to do is make sure the info is out on launch day/day before, people seem to think they need to know things way in advance these days for some reason

Message 15 of 19

WBD will provide the necessary details when it launches - it's not for me to be providing details about their product. There's nothing anyone needs to do up front - the process already exists (at www.bt.com/discoveryplus) to enable access to the D+ app with a suitable BT Sport subscription.
At the very least, the BT Sport apps will all remain running for now anyway.

What I can say:
* There's no new app yet - all 10 channels will become available in the existing Discovery+ app on July 18th, including access to Ultimate where appropriate.
* Catch up will also become available in the D+ app after the matches - I don't believe there'll be any back catalogue though.
* The BT Sport app will (for a few months) continue to offer the live channels and full back catalogue, as well as clips, highlights, articles, etc.

Message 16 of 19

It can make a lot of difference if you are about to get into a new contract which in three weeks time will turn out to have been the wrong discission when the changes occur.

@garybs29wrote:

18th July is actually almost 3 weeks away but hey

All they really need to do is make sure the info is out on launch day/day before, people seem to think they need to know things way in advance these days for some reason

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 17 of 19

When I contacted  Discovery plus  this week I was advised  that on 18 July I would need to continue to use the BT app rather than Discovery  Plus app for TNT sports. 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Not sure why they'd tell you that, but the BT Sport app will still be an option for you.
As far as we're concerned, their app will be enabled for TNT Sports on launch day - they've not told us otherwise.
Message 19 of 19

Yes the BT customer communication did say.

“You can continue to watch us in all the same places you do today.  

Plus, TNT Sports will be available on discovery+ from 18th July.”

so same places would be the existing BT apps and BT Tv boxes.

0 Ratings