cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Discovery+ streaming quality

Dears, 

Im facing an issue with streaming quality, it feels like frames are dropping or some kind of issue that gives a stutter every 30 seconds or so. 
its not an internet issue cuz mine is more than 400MB. No buffering or resolution issue as well. 

im facing the issue on both Google TV (Chromecast TV) and Fire stick 4K. 

- I don’t notice this issue when playing Ultimate (UHD) 

is there something I can do, if not what other streaming device do you recommend that stream TNT Sports with no issues at all (Ruko, Apple Tv ) ? 

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Discovery+ streaming quality

I use Apple TV 4K box and have the same issue sometimes when watching sport on TNT, all other streaming services are fine.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Unfortunatly, Discovery+ attitude seems to be you get what your given and accept it.  No decent support like BT provided.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 4 of 8

While using Fire Stick 4K and whatever tweaks I do to the video display settings, stuttering will still happen with Discovery+ app. 

However, when I start to face issues with Google TV, most of the time tweaking the option (In Display settings) to "Never" match frame. And the issue will be resolved. 

But as I said, this is most of the time. Sometimes even with this option, stuttering will happen. 

And since you guys are saying Apple TV has the same issue. 

What about Ruko 4K users, do you notice anything like this ? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Massive fan of the Apple TV 4K but after a solid start, I think the stream quality has seriously degraded.

Over the last 6 - 8 weeks I have tried Discovery+ on many devices (LG TV, Xbox, Sky Q, Pro Box, Apple TV (2 flavours)) and much to my surprise, the best picture quality to my eyes was provided by Sky Q, especially in UHD HDR. 

I have no idea why, especially as it is older hardware and has various limitations, but on many of the others either the stream quality looked poor, or there was break up/buffering, or it didn't show useful tools like the interactive timeline.

The Newcastle v. Man City game yesterday was immaculate on Q, but looked "off" on Apple TV and kept buffering. Everything is hardwired. I don't own a Roku to test sadly.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 6 of 8

I have no problems streaming Discovery+ TNT Sport using my Chromecast dongle albeit almost always on chase-play or catch-up. Is the problem you are getting exclusively when trying to watch live?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Discovery+ is a terrible streaming service, had it on Sky but forever logging me out and going wrong. Now have it with BT and it is now a wired connection but still the same old problems with it.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

While using Fire Stick 4K and whatever tweaks I do to the video display settings, stuttering will still happen with Discovery+ app.

However, when I start to face issues with Google TV, most of the time tweaking the option (In Display settings) to "Never" match frame. And the issue will be resolved.

But as I said, this is most of the time. Sometimes even with this option, stuttering will happen.

And since you guys are saying Apple TV has the same issue.

What about ROKU 4K users, do you notice anything like this ?

I can honestly say that getting a ROKU Streaming Stick 4K is the best thing i ever did when it comes to watching the likes of TNT Sports, Discovery+ and beyond. No stutter, a very crisp picture quality, its simple to use. My only regret is i didn't go earlier for one, as the Fire Stick stuttering is a shambles, and still hasn't been fixed.

My Chromecast Ultra is my backup if i ever need it, however it isn't reliable as sometimes it does drop the stream for no reason (TNT Sports) and takes an age to join the stream. I get its an aging tech, but its still more reliable and usable than a Fire Stick ever will be.

0 Ratings