cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Discovery+ works on phone but not either of my TV's

Go to solution

Please can anyone help?

We have a Fire TV and an LG TV, both with a surfshark VPN protection ( which I have tried  switched off and on) but what ever I do ; reinstall app, reset password, restart TV all while standing on 1 leg waving arms in air I cannot get discovery plus to allow me access to any paid for content.  I cannot log in o the TV but it works just dandy on my phone so I am assuming that the account is registered after the changeover from BT Sport.    We have a subscription as a result of a BT Mobile contract over the required amount.  It is the only reason we are still with BT mobile but our patience is wearing thin.  I have online chatted with with the advisor at discovery+ but he was not very much help beyond the old switch off reinstall reset password and clear cache routine. Appreciate any help.

Fed up from Freckleton

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Discovery+ works on phone but not either of my TV's

Go to solution
What error do you see when you try to log into the app on your TV?
Are you sure you're using the exact same account that you're logged in from your phone with?
What if you try logging in with that same account at www.discoveryplus.com?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

The key part there could be having it as part of a mobile contract, that may mean it's only accessible via mobile

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

We don't have mobile-only subscriptions for sport on discovery+ - all sport (aka "Premium") subscriptions include full access to all content on all devices.

Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Very sure its the same account although my BT ID is not the same.

I can log in no problem on the link

On both TV's I get  a message that says  "check your email address and password or try signing in" exactly - its not great English or even helpful.

Thanks for looking at this for me

Nichola

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

May? can we confirm or deny that please. It would explain things 'though.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution
I'm afraid the only known explanation for this is that it's being typed incorrectly. Unfortunately the app doesn't have an option to show what has been typed, so you just have to be extra careful to enter the correct characters.

Maybe try changing your password to something really simple just to confirm? Then change it to something stronger.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
asked and answered - not the case thanks DarrenDev
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I'm afraid the only known explanation for this is that it's being typed incorrectly. Unfortunately the app doesn't have an option to show what has been typed, so you just have to be extra careful to enter the correct characters. - I can see it and confirm its correct for the last 5 password resets

Maybe try changing your password to something really simple just to confirm? Then change it to something stronger.

-once more cant hurt! @DarrenDev 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

OMG the TV struggled with a £ sign in the password, removed it and we are laughing.

Thanks very much @DarrenDev 

Happy Christmas

0 Ratings