cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Loss of TV service

During the recent storms on Monday night/Sunday morning (17-18 September) I lost my Internet connection  as did some of my neighbours. One house in the road  was struck by lightning and caught fire. Having reported  my problem  to BT an Open reach engineer came today. It appears my smart hub 2 is faulty and I need a new one. BT at first told me it would not come till Monday 25 which is just not good enough.  I'm  hoping now it might come tomorrow.  Will just wait and see and what compensation  BT offer.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Loss of TV service

Do you not still have the 4G Mini Hub that you were sent in 2020? It's exactly for situations like this, so that you can still get broadband service when your line is down.
As your replacement hub was only requested this morning, we're at the mercy of Royal Mail. It'll be dispatched today, but can't guarantee delivery tomorrow.

Edit: just realised you're mentioning the TV service. I guess you're using your TV box in IP mode, for which there is no backup over 4g.  You'll need to wait for the replacement hub unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

@DarrenDev  thanks for that Darren. Yes I have no TV service from BT as mini hub does not support BT Box Pro. Can always revert to aerial through  TV thankfully.  And of course being on Digital Voice have lost phone service.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

@DarrenDev  hello Darren well replacement hub came today. iPlayer and other apps OK but no subscription  channels. What to do now. Any Mods any ideas to help

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

Further to my last question is Brentford are on tonight and it would be nice to watch the game

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Have just discovered  that I can watch game through Now App but not through  EPG. Is this a problem  that will get sorted or do I need to call BT

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

What error do you get when trying to watch via the EPG? IPC6023?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Did you try a software  update from within your BT TV Box settings.  It could be that your box ISP profile needs to update to reflect that it is now connected to BT.

(My reply was in construction  whilst  Darren responding)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

@DarrenDev @zulu17  thank you both for your replies. Sorry for late  reply but have been at grandsons 30th birthday  bash. Confirm error message via EPG is IPC 6023. Whst does that mean. I assume its to for with switch to new hub.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Unfortunately IPC6023 can mean any number of things. If the strike caused damage to any BT equipment, it's possible that hardware was moved around/swapped and/or lines were reconfigured.

First thing to try is a factory reset of the hub. If that doesn't work, you'll need to call in and raise a fault - it needs to go through a number of different teams to find which part is broken.
0 Ratings