cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

New broadband provider = locarion error

Go to solution

After moving broadband providers 2 weeks ago we cannot now watch BT Sport via the app on our Firestick.  I think it might be due to the IP address of the new provider (Link Broadband). 

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how was it resolved?  Yes I've spoken to the Link people and they say they are in communication with BT over the issue?  Can I do something in my router settings?  Yep, have rebooted etc several times anything that moves!

Cheers

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: New broadband provider = locarion error

Go to solution
I'll take a look. Previous examples have been where the IP addresses are rented from another provider that has been blacklisted.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

I've never had any issues with the BT Sport app on a Firestick being taken and used on other ISPs.

The only time I can think the IP address would be the issue is when BT think your are located outside the UK or has detected VPN use.

It sounds more like the account is blocking you following the closure of your BT broadband service, or was it a different provider?

@rufustheredwrote:

After moving broadband providers 2 weeks ago we cannot now watch BT Sport via the app on our Firestick.  I think it might be due to the IP address of the new provider (Link Broadband). 

Has anyone else had a similar problem and how was it resolved?  Yes I've spoken to the Link people and they say they are in communication with BT over the issue?  Can I do something in my router settings?  Yep, have rebooted etc several times anything that moves!

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@ozsat location errors wouldn't be triggered by invalid accounts. They happen when we think the IP is outside the UK, are from a VPN service, or from blacklisted IP ranges (e.g. known bots).

Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

So does an unknown IP location (lie a new range) initially get treated as NOT valid?

I guess the problem could also be that the assigned IP address may have been misused by someone else.

@DarrenDevwrote:

@ozsat location errors wouldn't be triggered by invalid accounts. They happen when we think the IP is outside the UK, are from a VPN service, or from blacklisted IP ranges (e.g. known bots).

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
The world ran out of IPv4 addresses in 2019 - there are no new ranges. They're just getting sold/rented back and forth between providers.
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
Sorry, I'd assumed from the title that you were seeing a location error. I can see from the logs you're seeing VC019.
The BT Sport service is letting you in - your IP address is allowed. The player is now failing to reach the content from 2 of our CDNs though - one is timing out, and the other is specifically blocking you. We use 4 different CDN provides, and the other 2 appear to be working for you, which is it why live content sometimes works.

I'm speaking to the CDN guys now to find out why.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi Dav - if you could sort it then that would be great.  I don't use a VPN and I've lived here in the UK at the same address for 20 odd years, although I'm sometimes banished to the shed with the dog, by my better half!

The new internet provider is Link Broadbands.  

Cheers.

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

@rufustheredwrote:

I'm sometimes banished to the shed with the dog, by my better half!

😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Your broadband provider has now been provided with access to the service @rufusthered - you should find the app will work for you now.