cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 40

Streaming problem through Discovery+

Go to solution

When streaming live TNT sport through Discovery + it continually pauses and starts again. This occurs on LG tv 32LM6300PLA model tv using op system webOS 4.9.0. I can still get TNT Sport on a Samsung tv through  the BT Sport app but the app will stop in mid October. Wifi is not a problem as I don’t have problems with the discovery+ app on an iPhone and iPad. I also have no problems on my main TV connected to the BT box. I have done a factory reset, reloaded app etc on the LG but problem persists. Any suggestions would be appreciated

39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

Re: Streaming problem through Discovery+

Go to solution
I'm having the exact same problem on my LG TV. Plays for 20 seconds, and the pauses, and then repeat. Hard reset the TV, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, same problem. All other apps are fine on my TV, and the TNT app is fine on my tablet and phone, so some sort of capability issue with the app on LG TV's unfortunately.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 40

Go to solution

Maybe worth chatting to Discovery+ support - found in the help section at the bottom of their home page.

You can chat online.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 40

Go to solution

The same problem occurs with TNT on D+ when viewed through Apple TV Box too. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 40

Go to solution

I have contacted Discovery customer support, and they have confirmed they are aware of the issue. Apparently LG uses a different version within the android set than other well known brands. This is why the app is having playback issues on LG TV's more than other all well known brands. They are trying to find a way to correct the issue. The only thing that is weird, is the app works fine on the Sky platform coming through the same LG TV. So definitely an android problem. Hopefully a fix will come soon enough.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 40

Go to solution

If it's an Android issue, it'll be down to the different versions. You have the main Android software but then you can add your bits and bobs on to make it specific and tailored to your device. The only true and clean versions are Android TV anything else will be running a modified version. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 40

Go to solution
LG TVs don't run Android - they have their own proprietary operating system called webOS. This is why there was never a BT Sport app for LG TVs.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 40

Go to solution

On the one hand Discovery+ on my LG TV using WebOS 5.0 has stopped the pausing every few seconds on BT Sports Ultimate which it was doing, and HDR works.

On the other hand, the framerate is wrong (as with all Discovery+ instances as far as I can see) and isn't changeable in any way unlike many external boxes, which makes sport unwatchable, so I'd look for another solution.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 40

Go to solution

Thanks for the input from everyone. I have solved the problem by installing a Roku Express 4k TV stick.

Cost about £35 but is very easy to install and use . Streams TNT sport through the Discovery+ app without any problems . 

Message 10 of 40

Go to solution

Is the £35 model the HDR version though.?

Seems to be two versions - one without HDR.

@tonycbarberwrote:

Thanks for the input from everyone. I have solved the problem by installing a Roku Express 4k TV stick.

Cost about £35 but is very easy to install and use . Streams TNT sport through the Discovery+ app without any problems . 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings