cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 40

Re: Streaming problem through Discovery+

Go to solution

The one I installed is the HD 4K HDR. I think there is a more basic version at about £25 and a more expensive one at about £50. All versions available at Currys

Message 12 of 40

Re: Streaming problem through Discovery+

Go to solution

I think the stop/start streaming and jerky video on live sport is a much more widespread problem and the accepted solution is in fact just a work around for a particular user device.

We have watched BT sport for years via a BT TV box without any problems. My wife also used the BT Sport app on her Samsung (Android) tablet for years without any problems. She also uses the tablet without any problems to stream BBC Sport, Amazon Prime, Sky Sports via a Now TV app, and numerous TV catch up services such as iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and many more. No problems with jerky video with any of these.

Then BT decide to rebrand (sell off ?) BT Sport as TNT Sport, which then can only be accessed on my wife's tablet via the Discovery+ app. I had no problem registering with Discovery+ and can watch videos and TNT Sport channels on my Windows 10 Laptop without any problems using Firefox or Chrome browsers, so my wife installed the Discovery+ app on her tablet.

This was indeed a discovery ... it is the worst app I have ever encountered, unresponsive and a terrible user interface for a programme guide making it hard to find the TNT Sport channels. To make matters 100 times worse, when you do eventually find and try to watch any live sport event, the video and audio stutter constantly and the app keeps pausing for 1 or 2 seconds (presumably buffering). Frankly it is not fit for purpose and is unusable for watching live sport.

Nothing else has changed, so this is all down to the Discovery+ app. But looking at the FAQs, help pages and forums the response is all about dodging responsibility and blaming wifi signal etc. or uninstalling then re-installing the app etc. What rubbish ! I use the same wifi for my laptop on which TNT Sport on Discovery+ works without a hitch, but perhaps not as smooth as other streaming services.

Frankly I blame BT for this fiasco and wonder why I have just renewed my Broadband and TV package on the understanding I would continue to have my previous BT Sport service, albeit rebranded as TNT Sport.

I was perfectly happy with stand-alone BT Sport channels and am very unlikely to watch anything else on Discovery+ so I would not have chosen it as part of my TV package.

Clearly the BT/TNT Sport service delivered via Discovery+ falls far short of what I signed up for, so I expect BT to sort this out or offer refunds on my TV package. I am not happy.

Message 13 of 40

Cannot get Discovery+ on my Samsung TV what's the solution ?

Go to solution

Hi Help please . I have no problem currently watching BT sport app on both of my Samsung smart TV's 2016. Discovery+ is not available to download on either . What is BT's solution for the me ? . I trust it the solution will not cost me anything as it is BT that  have changed the system . I have a contract until AUG24 .

Any advice appreciated 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 40

Re: Cannot get Discovery+ on my Samsung TV what's the solution ?

Go to solution
You'll need to buy a supported device I'm afraid @AndrewFaulk

If you have a contract for sport then that means you're a BT TV subscriber, so have access from the BT TV box.
Message 15 of 40

Go to solution

Hi

The BT bus is used for everyday TV for the family . I watch BT sport in a separate room . Surely  BT should provide this device  FOC , what is it ? you are not suggesting new TV's . 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 40

Go to solution
BT doesn't guarantee service on any device not specifically provided by us as part of that service.
Systems are updated all the time, and older devices stop being supported.
You don't need to buy a new TV - there are plenty of options from as little as £25 that you can connect to your TV.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 40

Go to solution

HI

Thanks for responding

please advise what the most succesful options are  ?

I think that BT should provide information about these options on their website 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 40

Go to solution

It's no longer a BT product - it's discovery+

Check out their supported device list here: https://support.discoveryplus.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018652678-discovery-supported-devices

There's a lot of positive feedback about Roku devices on these forums.

Message 19 of 40

Go to solution
I will check them out thank you
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 40

Go to solution

Go for the ROKU Streaming Stick 4K. I did after having numerous issues with Fire Sticks playing back juddery pictures and dropping frames, while the Apple TV 4K box will randomly crash the quality for no reason making it unwatchable.

Go for the ROKU.

0 Ratings