cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

TNT Sports missing off discovery plus app on Roku.

Go to solution

TNT sports is missing from my discovery plus app on Roku stick.It appears fine on other devices.Is this some kind of bug.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: TNT Sports missing off discovery plus app on Roku.

Go to solution
I don't think it's coincidence that it's currently missing from all Sky platforms (Roku being a variant of Now TV). I'm trying to find an answer on why.
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
We have no view of what's happening on the Sky boxes, however I've been reliably informed that the Roku/NowTV apps are just a little behind with bug fixes.
Current expectation is that it'll take another couple of weeks, but obviously that may change depending how they get on with testing.
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I raised the lack of TNT Sports channels content on Roku directly with Discovery+ support the first few days (just before the same time it was noted here). I've now had the following response:

"As you're trying to watch TNT sports on Roku devices, I am sorry to inform you Roku is not supported device for TNT"

Surely this can't be true in the longer term? They are saying that Discovery+ will continue to work on Roku but without the TNT Sports channels which will work on the other devices? Surely the TNT streams are just that - streams to be selected within Discovery+ which otherwise works fine on Roku. It's not like TNT is a separate app. It's equivalent to having a Netflix subscription but a particular device not showing Netflix Originals!

TNT Sports was working absolutely fine on the Roku the first morning before being inexplicably pulled, so something doesn't add up here.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

I think you'll find NowTV branded sticks/boxes were a variant of Roku devices, not the other way round 😎

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@ChrisR6262 

I've just checked the Discovery+ app on my Now stick  & it upgraded from build 4 to build 5. TNT is now present & correct.

If you find the app tile & highlight it, then press Options, you an see the current version & check for updates. Although it seems to be a generic app update as it updated something else as well, possibly C4.

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

Thank you so much. My Discovery+ app on Roku has updated itself today and likewise all is now good. TNT Sports playing flawlessly.

Which goes to show don't always believe what technical support staff tell you.

(Not including the always excellent BT Sport app support staff in this)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Good Morning,

I used to watch the Old BT sport via a BT box connected to our lounge TV - now it is TNT, Eurosport and Discovery Plus.

This works fine via the TV Box - but is it possible to access these channels via the Roku device on the kitchen TV?

Kind Regards,

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Yes @fireflyinjuly - simply install the discovery+ app on the Roku device, then sign in with your discovery+ account (your account is showing that you activated it in September).

Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for posting @fireflyinjuly you can activate your Discovery+ subscription on this link and watch it on any compatible device.

Thanks

Neil