cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

TNT sports red button channels on Discovery app to watch unschedulled games?

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if I was able to watch TNT sports additional red button channels (basically TNT sports 5 to 10) via the Discovery+ app now that BT sport app is closing soon (it's not very clear on the discovery app)?

Also it is very disappointing that TNT sports owns right for all the Ligue1 games, but doesn't seem to broadcast them all (e.g Toulouse FC- Metz, 1st October 2023, 14.00) while I basically joined for for that. This game is not scheduled anywhere so does anyone know if I can watch him on one of the red button channels?

Thank you!

Best wishes

Felix

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: TNT sports red button channels on Discovery app to watch unschedulled games?

Go to solution

Hi @felix_dn  you should be able to find and watch whatever is scheduled on TNT Sports 5-10 on discovery + as well as the digital exclusives games . TNT Sports 5-10 are not listed as channels on discovery’s plus but  the live streams are available ( normally in the Live now sections) .Typically the live streams on discovery plus start 6 minutes before the TNT Sports 5-10 EPG schedule times.

Message 3 of 7

Re: TNT sports red button channels on Discovery app to watch unschedulled games?

Go to solution

Or maybe there is just a bug as Discovery app is saying they are showing the game Nice-Brest twice at the same time instead of Toulouse Metz???

If anyone has any clue! Thanks

scrennshot.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you that's very helpful @zulu17 !

Do you know if they are showing every single Ligue 1 game on these Live streams (previously red button BT channels)?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Looking at  what TNT sports  say  I would not expect every match as it says  “as well as matches from Ligue 1” rather than every match

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/football/ligue-1/2023-2024/ligue-1-schedule-how-to-watch-on-tv-live-stre...

What football is on TNT Sports?

TNT Sports will bring you live coverage of every UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Europa Conference League match, in addition to exclusive Premier League games. Plus every match from Serie A, as well as matches from Ligue 1 and the Vanarama National League during the 2023-24 season.*
*Any matches that fall within the Saturday blackout window in the UK cannot be shown live. The blackout window prohibits matches being shown on television between 14:45 and 17:15 in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@felix_dn  in your example  of Discovery plus showing Nice Brest  twice 

One  is I believe the Live TNT Sports 2 stream , the other is the match stream without TNT Sports 2 DOG (logo).  (That second stream may or may not have adverts - sometimes these extra streams are also broadcast on the TNT sports extra TV channels and have TNT Sport 5-10 DOG)
I suspect they do this to provide full coverage of the Nice Brest match.

TNT Sports 2 is broadcasting Reims v Lyon at noon until 2pm . With all the stoppage time that occurs  and is now added to football it is possible that the Reims coverage will not end before the Nice match coverage  begins. So  Discovery + is enabling the viewer to watch the match of their choice in full. 
If you look at Discovery Plus you will see a similar approach with the 4pm game at Lorient with a TNT Sports 2 stream  and a second (slightly longer to allow for overrun) stream.