cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

No timeline I'm afraid @zulu17 .  They've had access to our back catalogue for a while, but so far have only chosen to add a small number of assets to their app.

@Popeye13_Official current plan is mid October.

Message 102 of 213

In another thread (College Football) we were refered  to this site to check upcoming schedules for TNT Sports content

Looking at it

https://www.tntsports.co.uk/watch/schedule.shtml

for Sat 12 August ( Arsenal v Nottingham Forest) is missing currently .

Is there a better site for Schedules.

0 Ratings
Message 103 of 213

I think they're still building the site in some parts. Its a bit hit & miss with links actually being what they say on the tin.

Searching by sport, such as UFC for example, takes you to the UFC page but there is no actual schedule for upcoming UFC events.

0 Ratings
Message 104 of 213

How is everyone finding the quality on the Discovery Plus app at the moment? 

Keen to get feedback- personally for me I am pleasantly surprised by HD feed- will test out the 4K Ultimate on Saturday for Arsenal v Forest 

0 Ratings
Message 105 of 213

@SPORTSLJM there are Replays of thr 4K events pm the discovery+ app if you want to see /experience  it now. Eg. The Rochadae ebbsfleet  football from last

Saturday  and the boxing from I think Telford  the previous  Saturday. 

As for picture  quality  of normal programming it has been a good experience on the large screen  devices I have watched so far which include BT TV Box Pro,  Roku Stream bar, Samsung TV.

I'm reserving judgement  on the very short highlight items.

0 Ratings
Message 106 of 213

How is everyone finding the quality on the Discovery Plus app at the moment?

Im finding the HD quality to be superb. Its such an improvement on the BT Sport quality which looked so post-processed and starved of bandwidth. TNT Sports HD looks on-par with and exceeding that of the Sky Sports HD channels on NowTV, and the Amazon Prime Sport quality, which is also always superb quality.

Got the TNT Ultimate working this weekend-past watching some National League; the use of HDR10 over HLG is a big disappointment, because it looks poor and washed-out, but turning-off the HDR aspect made it somewhat better, the 2160p picture was very good, crisp and enjoyable.

0 Ratings
Message 107 of 213

I agree the HD looks like HD- really decent indeed. Surprised to hear your disappointment in UHD mode HDR10 over HLG- for me BT was always better because of the HDR10 stream compared to Skys HLG conversion of it. 

I get TNT via both Sky Stream and Discovery App- Sky Stream TNT is the worst sporting picture I’ve seen in the HD/UHD era- utterly atrocious and needs seriously addressing. The colours are full, the detail is flat, and zero crispness to the image at all.

both BT and Discovery (so far) have looked very good so here’s hoping we get great quality sports going forward. Excited to test out the 4K. 

Interestingly, I’ve turned HDR off on my Sky Sports UHD because I personally get a better picture without it on my particular Sony TV model- there’s a few discussions across the web about some TVs not really getting a great HDR picture from HLG due to some mapping issues, so it’s a good shout to test your picture both with and without HDR and make the choice that works for you 🙂 

Message 108 of 213

If you convert HDR10 to HLG, its still going to be woeful, instead of just using HLG to begin with. Watching Wimbledon on iPLAYER recently in 4K HDR (HLG-encoded) and it looked just wow as usual. HDR10 isn't fit for purpose on live-encoded streams, its a static system that doesn't rise and fall with changes like Dolby Vision and HLG. Its bigger, better brother, HDR10+  does, which makes it possible for use. I'll carry on watching in SDR while they use HDR10, its a better experience.

I was skeptical over how the HD would look because the Eurosport HD quality isn't that decent, but then they came in with a very good profile for TNT and it looks very crisp indeed, and not littered with artifacts and starved chunks that resemble a coloured-chess board.

0 Ratings
Message 109 of 213

Tonight’s BT TV schedules for champions league TNT sports fixtures are a bit of a mess. 
The schedule on BT TV Box says PSV  v Sturm Graz  coverage begins at 8pm  on TNT Sports 1 . I believe the KO was around 7:30pm And coverage probably started just before that.

Message 110 of 213

I've just signed up for TNT Sports and NOW TV through BT.

I've been checking out the streams on the various apps and the Discovery+ app is the only one that seems to be stuttering. 😔

I'm using a Fire TV 4k stick but will be using the TV Box Pro when it arrives on Thursday.

It's all a bit worrying if I'm honest. I might have to use the BT Sport/TNT app until they fully switch over to the Discovery+ app. Hopefully the stutter issue will be fixed by then.

0 Ratings