cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

Hi @fozzybear 

As you will have a BT TV Box pro then I would expect you to have the option of watching the TNT Sports linear channels (via the EPG TV guide) which have  a different delivery method (multicast)  to that utilised on the apps. You would also have access to the discovery+ app on the BT TV Box Pro and you will see in some previous posts made today in this thread that picture quality has impressed.

So you will have alternatives to using the Fire Tv app. ( I am not a current user of the app on that device so cannot comment on its performance).

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 213

Thanks.

So I don't have to use the Discovery+ app at all then? I can just access TNT Sports through the TV Box Pro and NOW TV through its app?

Also, I'm dreading having to mess about with settings just to get a faultless picture. I've always had issues with motion when I'm streaming sport. Maybe the higher frame rates will look better.

0 Ratings
Message 113 of 213

You don't have to use the Fire Stick at all if you don't want to @fozzybear 

On the BT TV Box Pro, you can access the TNT Sports and Now TV channels through the TV guide to get the best quality.  For catch up or On Demand content, you'll need to use the discovery+ and Now TV apps - they are available on the box, as well as many other platforms.

It's worth making sure that you've turned off all video processing for the input that you connect the BT TV box too - e.g. frame rate smoothing, or whatever your make of TV calls it.

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 213

That's good news about NOW TV. I presumed I'd have to use the app for that.

Anyway, due to activate tomorrow but BT, in their wisdom, have decided to send the TV Box Pro today by Royal Mail Tracked 48. 😐

As for the TV settings, I can never settle on anything. I want a natural picture with a bit of punch to it. I'll have a mess around but previously, when watching sport, the grass loses detail and smears when it pans from side to side. Will that be because I have smoothing and BFI on?

I think I'll use a wired connection with the box as well.

Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Message 115 of 213

@fozzybear 

One major factor to take into consideration is your choice of tv. Make/Mode/Panell/Build quality all come into overall performance of the set. It's highly advisable to check out the major review sites when choosing your tv. Overall picture quality varies across brands, tv type (eg. OLED), and models

Message 116 of 213

Guys does anyone know how many simultaneous log ins are allowed in Discovery?

I believe BT Sports allowed 2 log ins which was great for me and the missus if she was at home watching and I was streaming at work etc but I haven’t been able to confirm whether it’s the same for Discovery+.

Any help appreciated! 

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 213

My TV is still pretty decent. It's a few years old Sony XH9005.

My BT box turned up this morning to my surprise. I've tried it and...WOW. What a difference using the box/TV Guide rather than the apps.

The picture is so much more higher quality on both TNT and NOW compared to the apps. I haven't even needed to mess around with my TV settings. I just put it on 'custom' and everything looks spot on.

Just one question, should I turn frame rate matching (on BT box) on or off? If I turn it on, am I best to completely disable all motion settings on my TV?
Message 118 of 213

Hey Fozzy- yes my personal experience with Sony (XH9505h) is that for Sports, the “reality creation” settings and other snazzy options tend to get in the way of a high class, natural, quality picture.

Especially on HD feeds (less so on UHD).

Play around with a live football or rugby match and you’ll settle on a custom setting for games that you can revert to 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 213

@fozzybear @SeanD @DarrenDev

You were very fortunate @fozzybear to get your Pro box mailed out at all. My Pro box is faulty (hardware failure) and the BT rep I spoke to said I'd have to pay to have an engineer replace it. She insisted they weren't allowed to mail Pro boxes to customers. I've been left with a faulty box which is only useful now as a paperweight 😔

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 213

@SPORTSLJM it's the same as BT Sport - 2 simultaneous streams. There's no connection between the apps though, so you could get 2 in BT Sport and 2 in discovery+. If you get TNT Sports through BT TV then you can also get 2 in the BT TV apps, plus one on your TV Box. So that's up to 7 streams at the same time on the same account.

0 Ratings