cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 103

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

Thanks, will try and activate that on Samsung TV.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 103

It depends whether your samsung tv is new enough to be able to download the Discovery + app.  If it isnt then you can only watch on a smart phone or through an upgraded tv subscription like BT TV, Sky etc. 

You might be able to watch on a laptop through Discoverys website but I havent checked yet.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 103

Just a bit confused 🤔

I have BT TV and Sport subscription.

On my Android tablet: When I click on the link for BT TV subscribers and login, it brings up https://my.bt.com/s/apps/appsmybt/#/home

If I click on Sport it asks me to login again and the sports channels are available.

Nowhere does it say that I have updated and when I start the app again the App is Closing message still comes up.

Is that correct?

Message 14 of 103

After logging into MyBT you should see a tile with the option to "activate discovery+". If you don't see it there, try under "Your products", or further inside under your TV subscription. Once you've activated the discovery+ account, you then need to switch to using the discovery+ app.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 103

Followed your instructions and could see that Discovery+ was activated.

App downloaded. However I cannot sign into the app. It won't accept my existing BT sport login and trying to create a new account I'm told I have an account. Reset password to previous BT Sport one and it seems to work.

Time will tell.😉

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 103

The account on discovery+ is separate to the account on BT systems. They're linked by your subscription, but the password is separate. Glad you're now sorted though.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 103

Get a Roku stick, one off purchase and the Discovery + picture is better then the BT YouView box.*

*other Roku sticks are available.

Message 18 of 103

I am trying to watch the Sheffield United match right now from the beginning and I have tried every which way using both the BT Sport and d+ apps on my Xperia phone and Samsung TV respectively. The only way I can watch from the start is if I watch directly from my smartphone and select 'Watch from the beginning. If I attempt to cast the content reverts to live and there seems no way of rewinding it. Never had such issues with the BT Sport app. 

I realise that this is a BT community posting site and that WBD have taken it upon themselves to assume control of all technical aspects regarding TNT Sports content, however their customer service appears to be almost non-existent. For example I sent some feedback about the d+ app buffering and my regularly being asked to 'activate' the app to associate it with my various BT mobile and broadband accounts (contrary to the marketing spiel message the company has tried to impress on new and existing TNT Sports subscribers the transition from BT Sport to TNT has been far from straightforward) and received a cursory response but nothing beyond that. And certainly nothing that would count as an assurance that WBD had taken my feedback into account and would be acting on the information received. A great pity, as the help I received concerning BT Sport prior to July 18th was pretty much second to none and you could always rely on BT to find a resolution to almost any problem. The team was approachable, conscientious and had a rare quality which is so lacking in organisations these days: good interpersonal skills. 

If anyone knows of a good community posting site for WBD I would love to hear from them.

Regards,

Chris.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 103

That is the $64,000 question. For me its plethora of archival content has always been one of BT Sport's biggest deal-breakers. Sky Sports' catch-up service doesn't come close to it and don't get me started on the atrocious ViaPlay offering (a huge mistake allowing that company to buy Premier Sports in my i

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 103

Done - thanks for your help. Hope once watching football, there'll be no problems - case of wait and see!!
0 Ratings