cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

YVM104 error

We are in a new build bungalow and the router is in a cupboard by fron door, which is too far from TV. Therefore, we have to use WIFI boosters connected to router and BT box, but these are not connecting now.

BT are sending there own replacements for free. We should get them tomorrow. 

Currently we cannot get TNT and other sport channels (that we pay for), apps and our broadband is off and on.

Anyone else had similar issues and got them resolved please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: YVM104 error

Its not what you want to hear but try and find a way of discreetly running an ethernet cable from the router to the TV box to avoid any connectivity related issues. I see so many posts on these forums where TV issues are related to WIFI reception.

With regards to boosters and WIFI are BT sending out 'Complete WIFI'?

If you are in a new build you should have stud walls which should both allow WIFI to travel further and more stably but also allow perhaps some ethernet links to be dropped into the walls. TBH all new builds should be having this now, with the phasing out of phone lines all together every room should have its power sockets, light switches but also RJ45 ports now too all terminating back where the router would typically go. If you can retro fit it then try that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your useful reply.

I will try the BT boost boxes first and see if they help. 

They supposedly sent me an email with a direct link for further help.....but of course, it won't open for me to read! Typical 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Do you know what they are sending you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Apparently they are sending 2 plug in adapters with ethernet cables to plug in the router and one to plug into BT box. 

We have already got these, but they are not specific BT ones, so let's hope BT issued ones work better and for longer. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Okay so the theory will be that you need to place the one connected to the router as close to the one connected to the TV box, so they bridge the Wi-Fi accross a shorter distance.

Message 7 of 8

Yes, I see what you mean.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @maria06 thanks for reporting this issue, did it get sorted for you?

Having a look at your TV box this morning I can see a good connectivity and no signs of packet loss that might impact watching channels like TNT Sport etc.

If you are still any issues, please drop me a reply and I'll have a look.

thanks

David

0 Ratings