cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

BT TV - signing up for BT Sport only

Go to solution

I’m considering signing up for BT TV when we renew our broadband in the coming months. I’d like to get one of the new pro tv boxes as our retail Youview box won’t last forever. I like to have all of the available apps in one place for my O/H (as we have at the moment), and the wifi facility is a good feature now too.

My question is would it be possible to sign up for BT Sport only without having to create a NOW (tv) account for BT? We currently pay for BT Sport app/online only and have the BT Sport Ultimate bolt on. We also have an account with NOW (tv) separately which I would like to continue with as we get significant discounts on all of the passes that we have. Would it be possible to just sign up for BT Sport and get the new pro box and keep my NOW account separate? I realise that we would not have access to the Sky channels via the EPG with the ability to record in the pro tv box.

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT TV - signing up for BT Sport only

Go to solution

I believe the pro boxes are for VIP packs only so if you want one, sign up on the VIP package and downgrade it to Big Sport after a month... 👌

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. I know that was the case when they were first introduced, but didn’t realise that it was currently, as the pro box is the only one featured on the website. If it is still the case, then I won’t be pursuing it any further when we come to renew the broadband. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi, @Brucemeister5 Thanks for posting. The TV Box Pro is available to new and existing customers with a flexible NOW package, which include:

• Entertainment
  • Sport
  • Big Entertainment
  • Big Sport
  • VIP HD
  • VIP 4K

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO Your reply seems to suggest that you would need a NOW account with BT in order to have the flexibility to change packages at any time in the future. I would only intend to use BT Sport in order to receive a Pro tv box, and keep my account direct with NOW.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5  not quite the same, as you have stated you want to kepp the NOW tv package because of your ongoing discounts.
I had an old BT Entertainment package, which I realised I wasn't using 90% of the channels, so renegotiated to the BT Big Sport package, so  I got the Pro Box (still having issues with surround sound).

The Big Sport package is great, insomuch as I get all the BT sports chnnel and Sky sports channels (via NOW TV),all apearing on the EPG as one. Also I can view all remotely via BT Sport app, or NOW  TV app.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

If you just want BT Sport with the new Pro box then just take the Sport package. I'm not sure if it would be a requirement to link your existing NOW account to your BT TV but even if you had to do that you can still pay for your passes directly through NOW. You just won't get them on the BT TV EPG.

Edit: Think I may be wrong in thinking you can still pay for NOW direct. If you have to link a NOW account then you could just make a new one and not use it to overcome this.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5 the other alternative is to buy a streaming stick such as a Roku or Firestick that supports 4K HDR and subscribe to BT Sport via the app

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Thanks for your contributions. As stated in my OP, we’ve already got the BT Sport app with the BT Sport Ultimate bolt on which I watch on my Fire TV 4K stick. I can see the appeal of the Big Sport package which is attractively priced and would give us access to the TV Pro Box, together with access to plenty of apps and the ability to record and now added wifi. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

@Brucemeister5 You could consolidated  your packages with a BT Big Sport package with add-ons. 
I went with Big Sport, and have Netflix, and HD as add-ons. Suits my needs , but maybe not all of yours.

0 Ratings