cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

LG TV Shows ‘TalkTalk’ as HDMI 1 description

Go to solution

When I select HDMI 1 on LG TV source button, description shows ‘TalkTalk’. Never been with TalkTalk, with BT for years. Anyone have any idea what would cause this ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: LG TV Shows ‘TalkTalk’ as HDMI 1 description

Go to solution

Which version of BT TV box are you using, the new "Pro" version or an older Humax made one?

My LG TV has loads of fancy settings relating to unifying control of connected devices so you can use the LG TV remote on the box and TV, I suspect it has mistaken your BT box for a TalkTalk one (which suggests it is an older model to me).

It's easy to change, what is your model of TV?

On mine, a long press on the input button allows me to go in and make changes to each and every input. Here you can see my Sky Q box reporting correctly, if it wasn't I can change the name and control easily:

LG TV inputsLG TV inputs

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hello @stereohaven thanks for reply. TV is LG OLED55CXLB (2020). Box is HUMAX DTRT4000

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I had this happen with our new Pro box and LG TV. It was displaying talk talk in input 1. I got engineer out who thought I had typed in Talk Talk to appear on the LG input. I have never been with talk talk. When the TV came back and said nothing to change he swapped the BT box pro for one in his van. We went through the set up and input said BT TV west Midlands. I kept the new box and the old was taken away. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@Robh1wrote:

Hello @stereohaven thanks for reply. TV is LG OLED55CXLB (2020). Box is HUMAX DTRT4000

Cool, nice TV, much newer than mine so apparently you should have been encouraged to download a ThinQ app?

If you have, you can change the name of any connected devices in there or press and hold the input button on the magic remote to get into your version of the screen I posted above:

LG TVLG TV

The online user guide is here if needed. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Is this a new TV ?, the user can label the individual source ( inputs ) so that suggests someone went into the settings of the TV and changed the input label from the factory setting ( probably HDMI 1 ) to Talk Talk….AFAIK the TV doesn’t ‘read’ whatever is connected to inputs and change the label of that input , my TV is a LG OLED and I manually changed the inputs labels used to indicate the device connected , for example , HDMI 2 shows BTTV
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Sorted, it annoyed me more than it should!

Go to Home Dashboard via Home. Top right of screen select  Settings/Edit. This shows a list of devices. Select the one to change and edit to the new name. Thanks for suggestions.