cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Broadband availability check - what does this mean?

My elderly parents are having problems with their "broadband" in North Dorset.  The checker provided in other threads provides the following for their house.  The other results below this are for their immediate but detached neighbour (by a few meters) and all other residences under the same postcode. This makes it look like they do not even have a connection? (you may have to scroll to the right to see end of table).

I'm trying to resolve their issues remotely from Australia with very limited tech savvy resources in the neighbourhood. 

I would appreciate any insight provided on these results.

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)

Downstream Range (Mbps)

Availability Date

FTTP Install Process

WBC FTTP

Up to 1000

Up to 220

--

Waiting List

--

Exchange Product Restrictions

Status

FTTP Priority Exchange 

N

WLR Withdrawal 

N

SOADSL Restriction 

Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 29 Feb 2016. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31 Dec 2016.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range (Mbps)

Availability Date

FTTP Install Process

WBC FTTP

Up to 1000

Up to 220

--

Available

KCI2 Assure

ADSL Products

Downstream Line Rate (Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+

Up to 2

--

1 to 3.5

Available

WBC ADSL2+ Annex M

Up to 2

Up to 0.5

1 to 3.5

Available

ADSL Max

Up to 1.5

--

1 to 2.5

Available

Fixed Rate

--

--

Available

Other Offerings

Availability Date

VDSL Multicast

Available

ADSL Multicast

Available

Exchange Product Restrictions

Status

FTTP Priority Exchange 

N

WLR Withdrawal 

N

SOADSL Restriction 

Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port is available. A new ONT may be ordered and will be placed in Waiters list until the network is ready.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 29 Feb 2016. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31 Dec 2016.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband availability check - what does this mean?

using a post code is the least accurate way to find out what is available.  best is phone number but if you are not a BT customer then address is next alternative.  can you repost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

I've used telephone number as well and get the same result.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

As I knew their neighbours address and found that fun tionality in the checker I thought I check ou the rest of the neighbourhood.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

can you post the complete result but just delete parents phone number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Screenshot 2021-07-27 221933.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

The Openreach web site, probably based on the same data, has FTTP available to the complete neighbourhood apart from my parents house? Makes me wonder what level of service they have been paying for all this time?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

the dslchecker results show FTTP is available to that phone number but currently there is a waiting list hence why you cannot order FTTP   you just need to keep checking until 'waiting list' change to available

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Thanks @imjolly. Why doesn't it show anything with regard to the level of DSL service available?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Their neighbours FTTP connection comes off the same pole at the bottom of the garden.
0 Ratings