cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Diesel Generator running 24/7

Go to solution

There is a diesel generator running 24/7 located within a fenced area at the bottom of a Coms mast at the Niton/St Lawrence radio station on the Isle of Wight.  Having spoken to CBRE /BT account, a spokesperson informed it is a BT technologies issue. BT Power have also been informed but without much forward movement.  I believe this generator would have been activated during an outage and needs to be now switched off as the main meter will be working without fault.  This needs to be looked into promptly.  I have been informed from a good source that this fault has also been reported within BT 2 weeks ago without any action. Mulitple agencies have been informed of this diesel generator consistently on for 24 hours a day.  The site is within an SSI protected area.  Please advise.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Diesel Generator running 24/7

Go to solution

Hi @Mrsfarmer and welcome to our community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Your best option would be to contact Openreach directly. They should be able to help. You can find contact details at Report damage, vandalism or a health & safety issue | Openreach

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Radio Stations are Maintained by BT Technology, not Openreach.

Stop trying to pass the buck.

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for posting @VikingSteve .

Do you happen to have any contact details who can help with this?

Thanks

David

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

You literally work for the BT Group yet you’re asking me, a disgruntled customer for a number, for your sister Company.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

It was a fair question given your apparent knowledge with what you posted.

Plus would you expect employees of the Kingfisher Group working for B and Q to know the phone number of all the companies within that group!

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I believe there's a team in Networks under Howards org who used to maintain radio mast sites unless the team's moved with a reorg. Otherwise I would have thought there'd be a number and ref on a notice on either a bit of  equipment or fence surrounding the site that may help.

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@VikingSteve wrote:

Yeah, I would actually. Especially given BT are a Communications Company that can trace their history back the middle of the 19th Century so they should have plenty experience on getting a phone number.

....and no doubt so do you so rather than post a smart comment it would have been more helpful to the OP if you had posted the number.