cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 101 of 215

Re: EE “A new era”

Go to solution

The offer next to it on my page is the same pretty much but £50 with 3 months free.

Message 102 of 215

Go to solution

Is it showing as an upgrade on your account? @BMox81 

Message 103 of 215

Go to solution

I think I will be torn between the Apple TV or Pro box version of EETV now I’m thinking about it . My house is all Apple but I do like the pro box with pause live TV etc.

will have to weigh out the pros and cons between both! What’s everyone’s preference ? 

Message 104 of 215

Go to solution

I must admit , my sky tv is up in January, and I like the idea of using Apple TV - the hardware is good, no lag and it’s one box for everything ! Netflix ? Disney? TNT sport ? All in one box , one remote - it’ll be a game changer. 

I did debate sky stream until I read about the issues with the hardware (budget hardware, lots of issues with crashing etc)

Message 105 of 215

Go to solution

The apple 4k box (i assume thats the one you would get) is very tempting ... very little info out there at the mo , i spoke to EE yesterday and all i got was we havent had on our training on the eetv ( till this Thursday) so they couldnt comment so it all seems too soon to know whats what .

Message 106 of 215

Go to solution

Sky stream does have budget hardware but they are £40 a puck compared to the price of Apple TV. 

We have 5 sky pucks and never had a crash. Also have 3 Apple TV 4Ks . If you want Sky Sports in UHD it’s the only way to go. 

Message 107 of 215

Go to solution

@jas20001978 Awesome! Yeah, If EE can convince Sky to sell them the 4k HDR channels it would be a big bonus.

I'm still on Sky Q, so will be looking at EE TV when launched as my contract is coming up for renewal.

Message 108 of 215

Go to solution

Was greeted with a "call for your exclusive EE upgrade offer" message this morning, so gave them a call. 

Advisor informed me that there is no upgrade offer, there is no such thing as a smart hub plus and when my existing contract ends, EE will just take over my current fibre with my existing kit. All he seemed interested in was pushing mobile phone and TV contracts to me.

Just wanted a bit of WiFi 6 so I could take full advantage of my 950mb down speed 🙄

-----------------------------------------
(BT Full Fibre 900 -- 980mbps down :: 110mbps up)
Message 109 of 215

Go to solution

@FC12 I would not solely rely on EE Apple TV as your main source for viewing. Whilst the Apple TV offers more flexibility it's already being pointed out that the EE TV App will only offer current IP channels missing lots of free channels.  It will be interesting to see what happens when Apple update their OS and how long it will take EE to update the app or will the TV box be held back by EE as it says only those Apple TV's from EE . Then there's also what version of Apple TV? Version 3 and selected LG Tv's seem to have issues when trying to use Sonos using eArc.

With that, Apple TV offers more with lots of catch up apps including Disney+ and Dolby Atmos. Will the BT TV app turn into the new EE TV app on Apple TV now ?

BT Box Pro, shouldn't be underrated, I had issues with it at the start but its now a solid but of kit. And you are not reliant on the internet unless in IP mode. 

Personally I would recommend the Pro Box version of BT/EE TV with an Apple TV box in additional rooms. But with all this speculation until the both EE Apple TV and Pro Box is released who knows 

Message 110 of 215

Go to solution
@Moose_UK where was the message from? It makes no sense, as it's almost entirely incorrect (especially offering TV, which isn't an option with EE at the moment).