cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New flat, don't know number.

Go to solution

One of my kids has just moved into a new flat. There is a BT Openreach socket on the wall. To try to find the number we plugged in an old handset and got a dial tone. Every number we dial says "The number you have called has not been recognized" How do I find the current provider or at least what the number might be. They need broadband pretty quickly and irritatingly there is no mobile signal at the location so it is pretty important

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New flat, don't know number.

Go to solution

They will need to order their own broadband package. They can not just plug into a socket and expect it to work. They do not need to know the previous number or provider.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Did you ask the landlord or letting agent?

TRY DIAL 17070  and see if a number is repeated   if nothing then pick ISP and place order

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Yes the letting agent didn't know, I will try 17070.

I didn't know you could pick an ISP without knowing the number so I am very glad I asked. Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Really good to know. Obviously I didn't expect anything to just work but I have always had a phone provider before arranging broadband.
Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You may still be able to call customer services by dialling 150.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings