cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Planned works, but no warning

Go to solution

Cones have been placed outside my neighbours and my house and apparently from tomorrow (17th) until the 21st there will be planned Utility Asset Works BT BC412CHKNONSAWDGTMG3S. There aren't any notices posted nor have I been contacted about it. As it spans the road and pathway which we use to access our drive, can someone clarify what these works are and that we will still be able to access our property.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Planned works, but no warning

Go to solution

@KirstyW73 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail Customers.

That is most likely one of Openreach`s sub contractors. This has nothing to do with BT Retail who run this forum.

You could try contacting Openreach, or ring the number which should be visible somewhere on the work.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thank you.
Council say BT, but did already suspect work would be Open Reach. Contacted them and they say ask the council, so just have to wait to see who turns up tomorrow. 🙄
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

https://one.network/ confirms it's Openreach. You'll just have to catch them as soon as they turn up & see what their plans are.

I woke up a couple of months ago to find mine & my neighbours drives coned off while they replaced the covers on an underground chamber. There was no advanced warning & not so much as a knock on the door before they started. Car was trapped on the drive until late afternoon.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Oh joy 🙄

Fortunately my husband leaves before 6am for work so 🤞 I shall be lurking to catch them when they arrive.
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @KirstyW73 ,

Did you manage to speak with the engineers and find out what's happening?

Cheers

David

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi

Yes, council contractors turned up to replace the telegraph pole. 

Spoke to someone at the council too, who didn't think we needed to know, but forgot they also had to disconnect the telephone wires etc too so no landlines or Internet for 2+ hours for any homeworkers etc. 🙄

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @KirstyW73 . Hopefully it'll be all sorted soon.

Cheers

David

Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

It’s actually written somewhere in your T&C’s that BT can not guarantee there will be no disruption in Service but will keep any food a minimum.

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Actually with EE, but the work order was listed as a BT job. However the lack of forewarning was actually due to the council and they should have been the ones to inform us.