cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bt hd and 4k bolt on

Go to solution

Not sure and may be a stupid question, but what is the hd and 4k bolt on actual for ?  Is it just now.tv content, cant see why i am paying for some that i am not using. 

i am assuming the freeview standard HD channels arent affected by this ? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bt hd and 4k bolt on

Go to solution

The add ons are to give a higher resolution TV picture, assuming your TV can display the higher resolution, not all TVs can.

See links

BT 4K Ultra HD TV | BT Help

BT TV HD channels and add-ons | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

But is that for all content in the bt box or just Now tv ? ,  

the way i see it freeview channels are hd anyway and 4k is usually available for bbc on the iplayer

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Have a read through all the sub links in the links I posted, they may be able to answer your questions.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Looks as clear a mud, ive cancelled it anyway cant see the point of nearly £6 a month for something thats free on the standard channels and no longer watch now.tv

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @paulosjonesos 

Your gut instinct is correct, the HD/4K add on is a monthly fee that provides access to any subscription channels (NOW, AMC, BT Sport), in HD (or 4K in the case of BT Sport Ultimate), alongside the standard definition versions.

If you are using an aerial to provide your Freeview channels, the HD/4K add on has no impact, same for any apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, itvX, My5 etc.

If you using a BT TV Box Pro and are accessing the IPTV versions of Freeview channels, the HD/4K add on has no impact, same for any apps such as Netflix, Prime Video, itvX, My5 etc., although you do need a minimum BT TV subscription (such as Entertainment, even the standard definition version), to access IPTV channels. 

Depending on the box you have and when you acquired it, if you don't have a BT TV subscription, you can't just keep the box and use it as a Freeview PVR without some form of BT TV contract. It has to be returned or you will be charged up to  £115.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED