cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

TV from EE Hub?

Is there any way?

I ask because, while this 'shower' will leave you 'hung and dry' with absolutely nothing, which they have, as regards myself, while upgrading my connection, and not knowing for how long?, only been 2 months ATM, so I'm guessing a reality figure of '6', with the way things are heading, possibly longer?, then I wish to know if my little EE thing can connect to BT Box Pro for getting anything other than channels 1-5?  It's a long shot, yup, and I suspect not?, as the TV box does not see this wifi device, while my laptop does just fine.

I would have preferred if they had kept my original line active, until they could ensure that my new connection was completed, but this is beyond BT, and have been cut off regardless, despite still being charged for the new service I don't have.

This is why I ask, and somewhat out of desperation, I suppose, but hey!, nothing more to lose 🙂

Thanks kindly.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: TV from EE Hub?

You can't get any more linear channels via EE broadband (for now).

However it will enable the on demand apps and you can sign into them and watch.

This is because the broadband line has multicast on it which the box needs for internet TV.

Hope this helps 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: TV from EE Hub?

Oh I got it working.

EE Hub is locked down (who would have thought?), as is the BT Box Pro 🙂  Surely BT wouldn't do that? lol.

Sim is in another unit (unlocked) and does the job for the meantime.  Another 'sneaky' measure that I'm sure BT had absolutely nothing to do with? 😉  It does, for now, and I will use the bandwidth to the 'max', until they start behaving, after all, they continue to bill me for a service I don't have, despite me questioning them about it.

0 Ratings