Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4

Re: Broadband cutting out

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a phone connected so I can't check to see whether or not there is a hissing sound. I'm currently away right now but will see if it's possible to post my router stats when I return home.

0 Ratings
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

Here's a picture of my stats taken just now. I see that my Hub restarted unknowingly over a day ago and mine does this about every 10 to 20 days I suppose.

HH Info.GIF

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Have you got noise on the line? Do you have a normal landline if so dial 17070 option 2, Quiet line test and listen. There should be no background noise or hiss etc. 

What are your router stats as gleaned from the Home Hub manager? Are the dB about 6 for Up and Downstream? 

I know what I mean but find it difficult to explain as I'm not an expert here although been on ADSL for 12+ years.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Broadband cutting out

Go to solution

Hey all.

Obviously the title is a dead giveaway but I still think it's best to offer a little backstory here.

Moved into this place almost a year ago now and was sad to discover that the only available package I could get was one offering almost pitiful speeds. 18mbps download and and 1mbps upload.

Due to my situation, I had to accept this place and the unfortunate speeds but I was surprised to see that everything still ran very smoothly. Videos were instant and I could easily still play online games and chat with friends. Had occasional cut outs but they only happened maybe once a month and it slows down when sending things like images, but it was still pretty stable and very much usable.

Jump to now and it's suddenly just decided to have long episodes of constant cut outs, sometimes lasting up to several days. I had an engineer visit, but he mostly just observed and remarked on how awful my package was multiple times (I know), claimed there was nothing wrong with the line, factory reset the router and left. Nothing was fixed, it cut out again about half an hour later.

I'm at my wit's end here. I've tried every standard method I personally can, including a new router! But I just can't get it to stabilise. I shall try to get another engineer to visit but I'm not expecting much to come from it. I'm not anything like faster speeds I just want it to work... and obviously I'll hopefully jump onto fibre as soon as it becomes available.

Has anyone else been having similar issues? Might make me feel better knowing it's not just me suffering from this but I have a feeling I might be...

0 Ratings