cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Linking my Now TV account

Hi 👋 

I have an EE TV package including Now TV, and I’m trying to watch via the Now TV app on another device, but when I’m logging in using the linked account it is acting like I don’t have an account with Now TV… any ideas how to solve this?!?

thanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Linking my Now TV account

@davidfox89 

Whereas your Now account on the Now app on your EE Pro or other YouView box will be automatically set to your BT/EE Now account, this is not true of the Now app on all the TVs, streaming sticks, tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices you may have that support the Now app.

It is necessary, when these act like you don’t have a Now account, to log in with the username and password that you have been given for the Now account on your YouView box.

Which may involve dodging round the QR code that Now helpfully supplies for people buying new Memberships, but doesn’t help existing users try to log on, of which there must be many, many more occurrences. Go figure 😢

Some Now app logins, such as those on TVs, are persistent, and will be remembered by the device, just as long as you don’t log out of the Now app, or reset the TV. (Because there are such devices, I recommend setting a Payment PIN on your Now account that only you know, to prevent any attempts by others with access to them buying new Memberships, whether by accident or design).

Other logins, such as those on tablets and smartphones, need to be repeated each time you log on, the tick box saying ‘Keep me logged in’ having no force.

There is no limit to the number of devices you can set up your Now account on, save the limit of the number of Now-supporting devices that you actually own. The number of apps that you can simultaneously watch on though is three if you have Boost, and one otherwise.

(Plus subscribers otherwise limited to one app can also watch the live Now channels on their YouView box, as long as they get the one app going on a different device first, unless the different device is another YouView box, when they can start app and live in either order. Clear? 😛)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thank you - I have tried that though….

The username on the account on my Youview box is different for some reason, but when trying to log in to other apps it requires an email only and doesn’t accept just the username to log in. Equally when trying then to log in using the email address which should be linked I.e. the one for the BT account, it logs in and says there are no subscriptions.

Do I need to reset the linked account?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@davidfox89 

No, if it’s not the situation I described, it sounds like EE/BT haven’t set you up properly, or at least you will need to consult them as to what logon details should and shouldn’t work on other devices.

Asking the BT/EE Helplines for help can be a bit of a crapshoot, so I will take the liberty of pinging @DarrenDev  in the hope that he can help you, or point you to someone who can.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@davidfox89 

Just realised I should have asked… 😢

“The username is different….”

Different from what?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

So when I look at the account on the app on the YouView box my username is listed as my full name and then two numbers.

When I log into the app using what should be my linked email address the username is just listed as my email address…

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

The email address registered for Now TV on your account is the same as your login to this forum, but without "fox" in it.  Do you own that email address too?  Or did they forgot to put fox in?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

They have forgot to put the fox in 🤦🏼‍♂️ - it should be davidfox2889@….

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Unfortunately, the guy who could normally fix that issue for me is on holiday - I don't have access to fix it myself.
The only way to sort this is to call the helpdesk and say you need to correct the Now TV email address on your account. When you're on the phone to them, the system will send you a PIN. You then provide that to them, and it allows BT to take over the billing for that account (and add your BT entitlement to it).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings