cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

hi.

i have bt sports, but no bt sport hd, from today, im im right in thinking subject to having the needed speed from the internet, my tnt sport channels will now be in hd and maybe even in 4k if my tv app supports this, if watching via the discovery app??

Im also finding the colour is strange if i watch via discovery plus app, its fine on the bt sport app, is it just me.

I have a sony 4k oled tv.

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 213

Do you know when they're planning to remove the BT Sport app? I'm hoping it's a while yet, as the picture I get through that is brilliant and much better than the slightly stuttery one I get via the Discovery+ app. Granted, it could be an issue with my Firestick as I get the same stuttery picture issues when watching any Amazon Prime live sports broadcast...but the BT Sport app has always given a flawless picture!

This is the issue ive been trying to get them to fix for some time, and spoke about in the other thread.

No amount of settings fiddling has fixed it and WBD don't seem to give  a monkies!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 213

This may not be something that can be answered yet but is there an ETA for when the D+ app on Sky (specifically Glass/Stream) will be updated to include TNT Sports?  I get TNT through BT TV and everything else through Sky and it would be handy if I could access it through the Sky puck on a couple of my devices rather than needing a Roku as well.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 213

Really hope the Discovery App will stream the sports really well. The BT App is outstanding for that on my TV, the main reason I’m with you. 

BT Sport on Sky Stream is awful. As I understand it, the stream puck converts BTs HDR10 format into HLG and you end up with this part pale, artificial lightning of the colours. It also lacks the sharpness and crispness of the app- it’s so bad. 

Will TNT broadcast in HDR10 and maintain the same quality of BT Sport? 

Does anyone know if the native TV Apps for Discovery etc on a Sony TV will frame rate match like an Apple 4K box does?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 213

@Popeye13_Officialwrote:

Do you know when they're planning to remove the BT Sport app? I'm hoping it's a while yet, as the picture I get through that is brilliant and much better than the slightly stuttery one I get via the Discovery+ app. Granted, it could be an issue with my Firestick as I get the same stuttery picture issues when watching any Amazon Prime live sports broadcast...but the BT Sport app has always given a flawless picture!

This is the issue ive been trying to get them to fix for some time, and spoke about in the other thread.

No amount of settings fiddling has fixed it and WBD don't seem to give  a monkies!

Don't forget the BTTV app is available on the Firestick, if you can live without 4K, and happily accept Eurosport in better than SD (1024x576). It is a viable alternative to the Discovery+ app. Mind you I presume the BTTV app will continue as it is now?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 213

The BT TV app on Fire stick is actually upgrading to full 1080p in the next couple of weeks.
The BT TV app on Android mobile will be in Play Store beta tonight with the upgrade.
The BT TV app on iOS will update in the next couple of weeks.

* subject to HD subscription
Message 27 of 213

The issue ive been trying to get them to address is the D+ app on Fire TV, not BT TV as i don't have that.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 213

Deleted.

Didn't see this thread which expanded the discussion.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 213

TNT Sports is HD and 4K as standard with Discovery+ (No extra bolt-on for 4K)

HD quality on D+ has improved alot i agree, as previously it looked as messy and poor as the BT Sport app for HD quality, but currently looks very good and on-par with the Sky Sports HD channels on NOW TV.

Message 30 of 213

@Popeye13_Official 

Is that HD as standard WITHOUT adding the £6 HD addon with the BT TV Sport package?

0 Ratings