cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 33

Re: ADSL Broadband after changeover

Go to solution

Digital Voice is an Internet Phone Service. It does not need the old telephone exchanges instead it uses your broadband service regardless of how that is delivered.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 33

Re: ADSL Broadband after changeover

Go to solution

your DV phone will work with adsl just plug phone into socket on back of SH2 not master socket  there is no automatic change to FTTP or FTTC just for DV

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 33 of 33

ADSL Broadband after changeover

Go to solution

I have just been looking up BT's various help pages for setting up DV with latest SH2 see https://www.bt.com/help/landline/digital-voice--how-do-i-set-up-my-service- and this shows the Smart Hub connected to a master socket using a filter and ADSL of course. I thought that when we are told that our switchover is imminent the Broadband to the house would be changed to Fibre Broadband in order for the system to work.

Will ADSL 18Mbps still always be available to operate the new DV system with say you DECT phone plugged into the SH2 directly because the diagram does not show this although I realise the link above is about using a DV phone.

0 Ratings