cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

Re: Does ADSL Broadband include free phone line?

No it doesn't include Digital Voice - that is an extra £5 for PAYG or £18 for unlimited calls - if you click on the Customise package button you will see the costs.  All phone calls are provided over broadband now (BT call this Digital Voice) so the fact ADSL is delivered over a phone line doesn't mean you get free DV.

Message 2 of 5

No one gets a free phone line , presumably you mean a phone service.
To get any service from BT , broadband , phone , or both services together you need a line of some description ( copper , fibre or hybrid FTTC ) but this is included in whatever the monthly charge is , with broadband for example it’s not subdivided into line rental and broadband, it’s just £** for the service .

BT have for quite some time had standalone broadband available ( no phone number allocated ) and for those that want a telephone service included with their broadband you add around £3 to the price to get a phone number and the ability to make and receive calls 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Please post the results for the address using the BT Wholesale availability checker (redacting the actual address)

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

to get broadband then your need a line whether copper or fibre and this is included in the broadband package cost but no landline or ability to make/receive calls

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Does ADSL Broadband include free phone line?

Can't find anywhere on the BT website whether you get a free phone line or have to pay for it with an ADSL broadband connection. 

I want to get an internet connection for my 80 year old mother. I've told her fibre/cable is the better option, however, she does not want cables and stuff all around her house. I need to know if the rather inflated costs that BT charge for ADSL broadband (£30/month plus £31 installation) actually includes a free phone line? She doesn't require the phone line and she does not have any phone line at the moment. But it is my understanding that a phone line is required in order to have an ADSL broadband connection.   Does anyone know? 

0 Ratings