cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Estimated Speeds VERY LOW!

I guess the question is do I risk ordering broadband with BT at the stated low speeds and hope this estimation is incorrect OR is there any other avenue to explore?

I am beginning to wonder if the data is incorrect given the line currently has no phone number associated with it anymore? The check is being done with only the address (as with the neighbours)

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

I am not 100% sure what a cabinet refers to but I know for sure the lines all go back to the same local exchange (lived here all my life).

All the info I have attached is what we receive when doing the checks, nothing is cropped out

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

you have deleted the cab information are you both on the same cabinet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

There is no VDSL (FTTC) showing for your address. Have you cropped that out or is nothing displayed?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Neighbour next door

speed 2.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Thanks. Find attached screenshot.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

speed.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Have a look a the Wholesale Checker. It might be that you've lost you FTTC port & the cabinet is now full. That would be indicated by a "waiting" status. Feel free to post a screenshot but edit out any address or phone number.

BT Broadband Checker

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

enter your address and post results including notes please

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Estimated Speeds VERY LOW!

Hello,

We recently had our landline taken over by an external company to move onto Voip, this meant ceasing our BT broadband/phone at our location.

Now we are going to re-order our broadband to the same location and the estimated speeds have fallen dramatically. The guaranteed speed is 3MB download!

Checking the direct neighbour there guaranteed speed is around 18MB download. 

I find it hard to believe the speed will actually be this low given it was around the 20MB before ceasing the line. What do we do, order and hope the speed is greater than 3MB?! Going back in time with these speeds...

0 Ratings