Message 11 of 14

Re: New Property - Copper Line Only

Thanks for the link. Details are here:

cabinet.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

@ccoplestone 

I've stumbled across this forum whilst researching my options as to what the best solution is for my problem at a property I've purchased.

After a chat with BT, the line to the cabinet that serves my property is copper, as is the line to it. So a dated all-copper setup. No fibre. Ouch.

Ouch indeed!

Rightmove & other property sites include broadband speeds along with all the other property features as in today's world it's one of the most important.

On the assumption that BT have said you won't get FTTC or FTTP any time soon then personally, if I was in your position, I'd get Starlink.

Yes, the equipment cost is pricey at £499 & the monthly cost is £75 for unlimited high speed data but I'd be willing to pay that for the convenience.  

But as @Keith_Beddoe has suggested, check that it's a definite that you won't get fibre in the near future.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@ccoplestone 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It would be helpful to post this information for forum members.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first, but leave the exchange and cabinet number showing.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Please include all of the notes at the bottom.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

New Property - Copper Line Only

Hi all,

I've stumbled across this forum whilst researching my options as to what the best solution is for my problem at a property I've purchased.

After a chat with BT, the line to the cabinet that serves my property is copper, as is the line to it. So a dated all-copper setup. No fibre. Ouch.

The speeds would range anywhere from 6-17Mbps which just isn't good enough. And what's slightly more annoying is my parents property, who live in the same town but served by a different cabinet get FTTC and get around 65Mbps download.

I'm now having to consider a few things, 4G home broadband (4G connectivity is good in that area) or Starlink. I know I could probably look at getting a leased line, but the costs there would be huge.

In terms of the two viable options (or there could be more) what would people suggest looking into here?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings