cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 29

Re: Switch to ADSL2

Go to solution

That’s what I did, but even chopping the image into three exceeds the 333 kB file size limit.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution

EE coverage not great, that’s why I rejected the BT lady’s offer of 4G (for nearly double the price).

During the fault, I used the old ping command to check comms with the hub - fine.

Also tried an ethernet connection - fault still there.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

@Guineafowl21 

you need to use the camera icon to upload you file

how to upload photo.PNG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

I did try resizing, and it is jpeg, but no go. Max size 333 kB.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

@Guineafowl21wrote:

I can’t post a screenshot of the results, so have PM’d my number.

Cheers.

You need to resize the screenshot & make sure it's JPEG to fit within the constraints of this site.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

The full Halo package  should give you a 4G backup, but this is only of any use if you're within good EE coverage. It should also be available as a standalone product for around £7pm, so check exactly what you've been changed to & the price difference.  If it's not suitable then you need to cancel before you get locked in for life!

As well as the results from the BT Checker, by what measure is "WiFi fine"? A solid blue Hub light would point more to a WiFi issue, so you really need to test with a device connected by ethernet.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

I can’t post a screenshot of the results, so have PM’d my number.

Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

can you enter your phone number provided not digital voice or alternatively use your address and post results including notes  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

the Hub 6 is perfect for an adsl/adsl2 connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 29 of 29

Switch to ADSL2

Go to solution

We’ve been getting broadband dropouts since moving in a month ago, often in the evening and lasting well into the early hours. Either no connection at all or under 0.1 Mb. Hub light almost always stays blue. Wifi is fine.

Copper all the way. About 3.5 km to cabinet.

Three Openreach engineers have been out:

1. Checked the cabinet.

2. Moved and replaced the master socket.

3. Increased SNR margin to 9 dB and added interleaving.

Other than a slight drop in speed when the BB is working (4 -> 3.2 Mb), and slightly fewer dropouts, the problem is still there.

Both engineers 2 and 3 recommended switching to ADSL2. Last week I phoned BT and requested this - the lady switched me to Halo 3 at a higher price. I’m not entirely sure she knew what ADSL2 was.

I’ve had emails saying the new service has started, but I’m still on ADSL - Modulation is 992.1.

1. How do I get switched over to ADSL2?

2. I have a hub 6, sent to me a month ago but is apparently an older model, according to engineers 2 and 3. Can I request a newer one?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings