cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Telephone line blown down

Go to solution

Hi

Does anyone know how I can report a local BT phone line that's come down? Just noticed when walking my dogs around the block. Spent the last half hour trying to navigate BT's lovely labyrinth of advice notices but to no avail. I'm trying to be public spirited in notifying BT of this - there may be local folk who are more dependent on their home phones than I am - but it's bloody hard!

My own phone doesn't work (obvs) and my public spiritedness doesn't stretch to being over-charged for phoning from my mobile 🙂

Any guidance very welcome.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Telephone line blown down

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you're a BT customer, report the fault and the pole will be found when they investigate, you might find they tell you it's an MSO (Major Service Outage), in which case it's been reported and classed as an MSO because the pole serves several people or more.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Keith

After reading the link you kindly sent I walked back down to the fallen telephone wire (to record the What3Words reference that had been indicated as being needed/helpful in the link) but I actually didn't get that far in the process.

Because the message bot asked the question "Is it dangerous?" and my answer to that question was "yes" the chat came to an end and I was encouraged to ring an 0800 number to report. I called twice and each time lost my patience I'm afraid - "you are now third in the queue etc. "

Really appreciate your effort to assist though.

0 Ratings