cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Who’s who in the BT community

So the forums wont be open long enough to get Guru status? 🙂

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 12 of 20

Whilst the writing is on the wall, I can't see this forum closing while BT are still actively selling residential broadband.

But it will probably die a natural death now that there is no meaningful support available from BT Moderators.

Message 13 of 20

@naylor2006wrote:

So the forums wont be open long enough to get Guru status? 🙂

Well, I’ve been here over 11 years and reasonably prolific and “Recognised Expert” is as far as I got.

I have been on the Sky Community for just over 4 years, recently hit level 9 and got invited to be a Superuser.

If you are not already, I would be focussed on the EE Community if I were you.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Seeing how many people get told to bog off to the EE forum when they post here and are an EE customer...considering im with BT im going down with this ship.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

@naylor2006wrote:

Seeing how many people get told to bog off to the EE forum when they post here and are an EE customer...considering im with BT im going down with this ship.

That whole "Get orf my land!" really grates with me, especially when it's someone with BT hardware being interrogated over who their ISP is. And don't get me started on the borderline obsession with moving threads.

If you want to get more involved there's always the Community Leader route. Seems you have to apply rather than be invited. But no idea who to now, as yet another example of info not being kept up to date...

Message 16 of 20

I get it when its someone wanting to moan about Openreach or get in touch with them, no one can help other than to sympathise, but on quite a few occasions I see people posting about BT Wholehome gear and they get told there isnt support here. Just so happens before I was a BT BB customer I had Wholehome forever and know alot about it, im always happy to help with that. I often find myself posting after someone has already been told to go elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

@naylor2006 

I post on many forums, (under different names), and it tends the be the same on most of them.  Personally, if I ask a question and get rebuffed by ‘Are you an X customer?’, let’s just say, I’m not always entirely honest in that respect.

As far as “Guru” goes, I’m happy to have reached the rank of ‘coherent’.  (Well, most of the time, anyway).  Lol

Message 18 of 20

@WSH it was a bit tongue in cheek really...pondering the future, my future contributing....will I ever 'Make it'. I was actually surprised when 'Recognized Expert' showed up one day, as for Guru, I dont think I know enough.

The more I type and not write the worse my typed speech gets, I have started not using proper punctuation and writing as I speak.....using dots to separate phrases which are still part of the same sentence.....when commas would do. Find myself often editing so many posts because im keen to help only to notice glaring errors when someone has replied, if its within the hour....ill edit it.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

You are most definitely not alone there!

Message 20 of 20

allanraymond_0-1729447176336.gif

Rach_H

Thanks for arranging update to the Who's who page, can I please suggest you also provide similar links for each of the moderators in a similar manner for the EE Forum. It does look as if all the BT Forum moderators are the same as that on the EE Forum and they work for EE as opposed to BT?

0 Ratings