cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Access to BT mails through Outlook 2010

Hi All,

Can i have access to BT mails through outlook 2010 in present scenario?

If yes how can i do it as i tried to do POP and IMAP settings but they arent working.

Also when i try to put the settings in adding manually through adding accounts, then testing gets failed.

Please let me know how can i access this thru Outlook 2010?

Thanks..

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Access to BT mails through Outlook 2010

Is your broadband with BT?  If yes then Outlook should find the settings automatically - it just did for me in Outlook 2007.  If broadband is not with BT then I believe you have to sign up for premium email at £7.50 mth in order to have access other than webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Are you able to access and use the BTMail email account that you are trying to set up when you log onto it using webmail.

BT Email 

If you can do that then you can set up POP3 and IMAP however BT recommend that you use IMAP.

You are best to set it up manually using the settings as per the following link.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks ,but it is my official BT account ..and not Bt broadband

The error it throws is via IMAp or pop3 is server rejected my login when trying thru outlook 2010

When tried thru outlook 365 i am able to login 

Is there any way i can still try via outlook 2010?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You have not answered my question and until you do I can not help you any further.

Are you able to access and use the BTMail email account that you are trying to set up when you log onto it using webmail.

BT Email 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yes I am able to access it through Webmail.

But not able to do so via Outlook 2010

Thanks..:)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Not sure what you mean by its your official BT account and not BT broadband.

Unless you are a BT broadband customer or paying £7.50/m for premium mail you cannot access email via a client such as Outlook 2010.

0 Ratings