cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Box Pro switches off when I turn off the lights?

Go to solution

Had the new box for a while and noticed when I switch off various lights in the house, even sometimes when the central heating trips off, the BT box briefly switches off (screen goes black). It usually comes back again after a second or two, but sometimes freezes altogether and I have to reset manually by removing the power cable. Never had this happen before for any other boxes (had BT Youview previously) and our wiring is fairly new, meter replaced about 10 years ago. Connected via an extension cable so will try replacing it, but any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Box Pro switches off when I turn off the lights?

Go to solution

Hi, @Bob_Arctor Thanks for posting, it sounds like EMI interference causing the box to be knocked off. Post back and let us know how you get on with replacing the cable. If that doesn't help we can ask our TV experts to investigate.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Will let you know how I get on.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Quick follow up in case anyone else had the same problem.

I replaced the HDMI cable and the problem went away! 

Bit of a mystery but at least its working now. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Bob_Arctor Thanks for sharing the fix, I've marked the thread solved so if anyone else is experiencing the same problem it will be easier to find. I suspect if the shielding on the cable wasn't great or was damaged it could have been picking up EMI interference when the lights were being turned off. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings