cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud Mac app keeps crashing on Start up: M1 and Intel Silicon

Hello,

I usually run my BT Cloud desktop app on my Mac mini M1. It has never been particularly stable, but now it crashes when it is starting up.  Yes I have tried reinstalling a million times, and cleared out as many extra files as possible (in various folders in my Library folder, e.g. cache, container and preferences), but to no avail.

As an experiment I did a fresh install on a 2019 Intel MacBook Pro I have available, and that behaves in exactly the same way.

To me this suggests that the root of the problem is on the backend, but I cannot see what that is. Other than deleting everything I have stored in the cloud and trying again, I don't know what else to do.

Has anyone else had the same problem and know how to fix it?

Even if the problem is on the backend, the app should not be crashing like this. Generally the maturity of the BT Cloud desktop app is abysmal (compared to al others I have tried).

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud Mac app keeps crashing on Start up: M1 and Intel Silicon

@keribillen1971 No real help but I'm using an M1 iMac and it's not crashing. I agree , it's rubbish. If I do want to us BTCloud I upload with the browser, at least that's stable, although not much use for a big back-up. Have you tried booting into Safe Boot and see if that makes any difference?

Message 3 of 5

Hi, good suggestion about Safe mode. Will try that.
I’ve used the browser uploader for all my files below the 2GB limit.
Is there a way around that limit? I can’t find one.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@keribillen1971 Don't know if there's any way round the limit as I never upload anything near 2GB. In fact I wouldn't trust BTCloud with anything important anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Some more info:

The Intel Mac and the M1 Mac are running slightly different versions of MacOS. The problem started yesterday without any MacOS updates.

Here is the only error log I am getting when I start the BT Cloud client (which crashes upon start-up):

Oct 11 23:52:09 Keris-Mac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.com.bt.btcloud.24084872.24084888(502)> [570]

This log is from my M1 Mac.

0 Ratings