cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 511 of 1,226

Re: BT Cloud Won't Start

Rodgerdoger, this is one of the problems I have. 

One of the developers ran some tests with me last week collating logs.  I had a message from him at 7:41pm yesterday evening to say they are still looking at this issue and that they will run further tests with me tomorrow (Wednesday), so they are looking at this to resolve.  

Up until now, new files have uploaded to Cloud but amendments have not. However a new document created yesterday has not uploaded to Cloud.  I have forwarded this new info to BT.

I have never used the Cloud to download or share documents, simply as a backup should my hardware 'die', so it is not as frustrating or critical for me as for some Users.  I have simply copied my file directory to a USB Flash Drive as a precaution.

0 Ratings
Message 512 of 1,226

The storage amounts on offer aren't hugely competitive considering the price you pay for the broadband packages themselves, but if your cloud storage needs are relatively light, then they may prove sufficient. BT Cloud's interface is functional (if a little basic), and there's nothing particularly wrong with it.

0 Ratings
Message 513 of 1,226

Im still getting this error message after a small amount of syncing (unexpected error or something) 1 pc works fine, 1 gets this error, did a full uninsitall and reinstall on both (manually deleted cloud data folders aswell) any resolution to this yet?

0 Ratings
Message 514 of 1,226

Caz  11, thanks for the response at least it's not just me, I'll live with the hope that before long amended files will actually upload to cloud like they should, I also only use cloud as a backup.

0 Ratings
Message 515 of 1,226

So we have to wait until the new year for them to fix it do we?  Currently cant sync any files on 1 laptop.

0 Ratings
Message 516 of 1,226

'An error occured, the applciation can not continue so it will be closed' BT CLOUD notification

0 Ratings
Message 517 of 1,226

kc230a -If you have successfully launched using you User Name and Password, you will now be on a page with a Tab at the top called BT Cloud – My Activity.
You should be able to see 10 icons down the left hand side of this page:
1. Search………………….Self explanatory
2. Cloud……………..….…Photos and Videos
3. Mountain…....…..…..All - Albums - Favourites
4. Musical Quaver……..Music
5. Sheet of paper……...Documents
6. Folder………………..….All My Files
7. Balls tied together…Shared Files
8. People……………………Contacts
9. Bin…………………………Deleted Items
10. Cog wheel………………Settings

When you arrive on this page you will be at 2. Photos and Videos.
To the right there are examples of these displayed (if you have any), but also note that at the Bottom Right of these, the last space is occupied by a link to More Photos & Videos.
The right of the screen is dedicated to Music and Contacts.

If you choose 3. All,
this will display the same as the link to More Photos & Videos.

If you choose 3. Albums,
this will display all of your Albums, but this can take many seconds(or minutes) depending upon how many there are and how many files the folders contain. It currently takes me 20 seconds as I have over 300 Folders containing a total of more than 20,000 files.

If you choose 3. Favourites,
this will display any files that you have chosen to be your Favourites.

If you choose 4. Music,
this will display a list of any music files that you have.

If you choose 5. Documents,
this will display a list of any document files that you may have

If you choose 6. All My Files,
this will display a list of the origin(s) of your synced files.

If you choose 7. Shared Files,
this will display a list of the files that you have chosen to publicly display to others by sending them a file. This is my favourite part of the BT Cloud, and I would be more than pleased to demonstrate it to you. This is not where you create these files, but it is where you can revoke them.

If you choose 8. Contacts,
this will display a list of your chosen Contacts.

If you choose 9. Deleted Items,
this will display a list of your deleted files that you can either restore, or delete forever.

Finally, if you choose 10. Settings,
This will display your personal Account Details and current Cloud Usage.
I still haven’t told you everything yet, but take a look at these before I tell you more.

Regards
JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 518 of 1,226

Example of BT Cloud click link and run as a Slideshow.
https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/SH84F0rF6k
0 Ratings
Message 519 of 1,226

JTS1 - All exactly as described and I can view all 10 icons on left hand side and all launch as they should - next please.

0 Ratings
Message 520 of 1,226

kc230a - Did you click the link in Message 518 and run it as a Slideshow and more importantly, do you know how to create this type of slideshow ?
0 Ratings