cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Digital Voice - editing/removing Contacts

I set up my digital voice and used my Google account to dump my mobile phone contacts into the BT Smart Hub 2

Everything appeared to work fine till i tried to use the contacts on one of my  handsets

When I access the contacts, all I can see is the first 4 contacts and the rest are blank. I can't call these nor can I use options to delete any including the first 4.  pressing option the handset bleeps only nothing changes, same for ok and green call button

Firmware version:  V3.0_BT_015

Hardware version: BTFVVT

the other working handset is

Firmware version: X42_BT_H30211

Hardware version: X42_BT_HW0.2

as I delete contacts from the handsets the ones shown in the 4 on the weird handset changes. 

I'm thinking there is an issue with the handset BTFVVT

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Digital Voice - editing/removing Contacts

Now getting "error not available"

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

can you see all your contacts in your other DV phone?

have you tried factory resetting the phone with problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Tried it and no change

My guess at this stage is that something has gone wrong when I imported the vcf contacts file into the Smart Hub 2.

It looks like the feature wasn't fully tested/thought out? There's no way to delete entries directly on the hub, nor a way to delete all - it looks like a factory reset of the hub is the only option!

This just seems wrong. Importing a duff contact entry should not require a factory reset of the Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The importing of contacts was a problem even when I was involved in the testing over a year ago .  I think the import of  contacts was ok from other BT phones but when I tried importing from my mobile it appeared to work but actually just stopped phone working. From memory after a few  phone resets and base resets it eventually cleared and could use phone again

The introduction of phone with ALEXA was god sent as it paired with ALEXA in my mobile and I could use all my contacts without importing. Voice dial also worked

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings