cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT Smarthub stability

Go to solution

I have the option to upgrade to full fibre but I haven’t used any supplied BT kit for a few years due to the common 14 day hub reboot issues, if I do move to full fibre will the supplied hub be more stable due to its connection or can I start to expect the regular rebooting again, that is apart from when it’s done a firmware upgrade. 

Hopefully the new kit is more stable and its a thing of the past?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Smarthub stability

Go to solution

I would expect  the hub to be ok with your FTTP connection and stable as you would expect.

Are you also moving to digital voice?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

That’s what I was hoping for and yes the move to digital voice is included in the upgrade to full fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Dazzman and thanks for posting.

I'd agree with @imjolly  on this. You should be ok but the only way to be sure would be to try it out. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@Dazzman 

then unless you use the SH2 you will not have a working landline as you need the hub which acts as a dect base station

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks all you have given me the confidence to push the button on the upgrade, the installation is booked in for the 28th so fingers crossed everything will go as planned.

As far as I can tell I will be  one of the very few on the new service in our area, as I’ve only seen one other grey box for the external fibre connection so far, so hopefully being an early adopter of the new technology won’t come with any issues, it didn’t when I was one of the first to upgrade to FTTC so hopefully same again.

Luckily when I had the FTTC upgrade it was so new an Openreach engineer was sent out to install it but seeing the vans about recently it could be pot luck who I get this time, but whoever it is the tea and biscuits will be ready and waiting.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Dazzman .

Please let us know how everything goes with the installation.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Lucky parents have the up to 900Mbps FTTP service. Stable as anything and even though the smart hub 2 isn't as advanced as my Ubiquiti gateway the connection is solid with a 30+ day network uptime. Even writing this message from the other side of the UK but VPN'd into their network. Their upload speed is like double my own download speed.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

The installation went smoothly that’s the good news the bad news is just had the email from BT saying that Digital Voice has been enabled but the hub still shows it as Not configured in a nice red box.

Done the usual hub reboot but no joy, what would be my next step as in what’s the best number/team to ring to try and get it sorted?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

phone FTTP team 08005874787

0 Ratings