cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 135

Re: BT Sport App - New Google Chromecast 4K

Go to solution

Just testing the beta, the picture is back to the correct resolution, glad i do not have to put the chromecast into 50hz mode anymore with the auto refresh option, what i have realised in the beta though is im getting the screen flash black every 10-15 sessions like its doing a resolution or refresh rate change. 

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 135

Go to solution
I've noticed mine will randomly go black now and then as though the TV is changing resolution, but the TV shows no change. It's also happening just when I'm on the main Google TV menu too though. I've never seen it happening whilst video is playing.
The app only ever asks the TV to change resolution on app launch - this was intentional, to prevent the TV flashing constantly when switching between different video formats on different channels/assets.
0 Ratings
Message 123 of 135

Go to solution

I have had this happen on every app and screen in the past when trying to run the chromecast at 50hz with dolby vision turned on, It maybe that this issues is being replicated in the auto refresh rate change, maybe worth turning dolby vision to standard mode to see if that takes away from the chromecast ram , then if it still happens i recommend what i uses to have to do before this update which was to turn off dolby vision and set this to hdr then set the bit rate to 10 bit

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 135

Go to solution

Changing to dolby vision standard made no difference.

I always have the chromecast to match hdr/sdr format

Turning the hdr format to HDR and to 10 bit seems to stop the issue and i get perfect playback.

It seems the issue i had prior to the update with 50hz and Dolby vision on is replicated with the auto refresh rate. 

But I can live with it and it it causes no issues to others pre update then it may not be replicated in their equipment so its an issue im used to and hopefully if the 4k feed works its all good to go.

0 Ratings
Message 125 of 135

Go to solution
OK interesting. I have my HDR setting set to match content, but don't get as many flashes as you. Sounds like something Google will need to improve on.

Further testing of the OS update has found that it's actually running SO FAST, it's confused our internal app reporting - a nice problem to have! Genuinely astounded at the difference - it's like new hardware.
0 Ratings
Message 126 of 135

Go to solution

Google are not interested as its not a widely reported issue, if i turn dolby vision off while watching bt sport then its fine so it is a none issue really as i still get hdr on ultimate, just need to turn it back on when using other apps but i mainly use the chromecast for bt as theres no inbuilt app for webos

0 Ratings
Message 127 of 135

Go to solution

Currently watching on the beta app with 4K hdr and atmos, best stream I’ve ever had on my devices plugged into the tv with ultimate, no black flashes so far, have 60hz on but Dolby vision turned off but hdr turned on in the settings

0 Ratings
Message 128 of 135

Go to solution

Hello just watching the football in 4k hdr on chromecast. 50 hz with dolby vision turned off. The screen is square like with 2 clear black band running down either side of the screen. Changing the aspect ratio doesn't help this so it's certainly an app issue

0 Ratings
Message 129 of 135

Go to solution
See above @aaronjensen96 - this has been acknowledged, and is fixed in the latest beta. You can join the beta at https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bt.btsport or wait until the fully tested release goes out next week.
Message 130 of 135

Go to solution

Thankyou, I didn't realise there was an update 

0 Ratings