cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Sport Samsung TV VC019 error on every video

I purchased BT sport app on my samsung TU8500 for the new football season. The channals all work fine and im able to watch in 4k. The videos like the highlights and replays never work, everytime i get error code VC019. My internet is fine, all other apps work fine. I really dont know what else to do, £25 a month is a lot especially if you cant watch anything. Any solutions to this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Sport Samsung TV VC019 error on every video

Hi @Bingeee  I am alerting a BT Staffer in the hope that he can advise.

Are you able to view the videos on a different device successfully.

@DarrenW  could this be the ip blocking that is mentioned in 

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/BT-SPORT-APP-error-code-VC019/td-p/21098...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Wrong Darren @zulu17  🙂

Do you happen to also have a PS5 @Bingeee ?  I can only see one TU8500 TV today experiencing VC019, but that same customer has also successfully watched videos from a PS5 from the same IP address.

I would have suspected IP blocking, if it weren't for the PS5 working OK.

The error message is specifically saying that it cannot connect to the server though, so there's something about the internet connection from that TV that is failing.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Yes, so i decided to try and watch the highlights from the PS5 and they worked fine it is only from the Samsung smart tv that wont work.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

In which case, the only suggestions I can make are to reboot the TV (hold down the power button on the remote until the Samsung logo appears on screen), and check for TV firmware updates.
I can't think of any reason that your PS5 can connect to our servers OK, but your TV cannot, when they're both on the same internet connection.

0 Ratings