cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT Sport Ultimate - managed switch settings

I have the new BT TV Box and 900Mbps FTTP, after lots of issues which I won't bore people with the only thing not working is BT Sport Ultimate.

A BT Tech engineer was here trying to sort the Complete Wifi system - which has now been replaced by Orbi 753 - when he was here he couldn't get BT Sport Ultimate working through the unmanaged switch we have - it would work with a direct ethernet connection. He suggested I looked at changing the switch.

Following advice on here I now have a Netgear managed switch connected between the main switch and the BT TV Box, the switch is set with its default IGMP Snooping Config of - IGMP Snooping enabled; VLAN ID Enabled for IGMP Snooping left blank; Validate IGMPv3 IP Header disabled and block unknown multicast address disabled.

I am still not getting the BT Sport Ultimate through the switch - it shows error IPC6018.

I called BT and they said lots of people are having problems with the BT box and Ultimate and that they reported a fault today - but I haven't managed to get it working for weeks, so I think that is just coincidence.

Please can someone confirm what the correct config should be for the managed switch.

For info the network setup is:

BT FTTP Modem connected to BT SH2, there is then an unmanaged TP-Link switch, then ethernet to an unmanaged Netgear switch and then the new Managed Netgear Switch, to which the BT TV Pro Box is connected. For reference all other BT Sport and other channels are working fine. (The Orbi mesh is set in AP mode as that's the only way I can get the TV box and new digital home phone to work).

0 Ratings