cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT Sport connection problem

Upgraded to Halo 2 now on 145mb but BT Sport keeps giving the IPC6023 error stating problem with broadband, several calls to BT not solved it, including changing the YouView box. Any ideas.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Sport connection problem

Disconnect the DC jack from the ONT for a minute or so and then reconnect, don't turn off at the wall as the battery backup (if fitted) will keep it powered up

Message 3 of 12

Hi @Sacrey and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're seeing the IPC6023 error message. I'd bee interested to know if @Les-Gibson 'cure' (thanks Les) works so can you try that and get back to us?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Thanks, but tried your solution and I'm afraid it made no difference, still reporting a broadband erroc IPC6023 for BT Sport channels and the 399 channel, don't have any others.Have to be honest I have gone through this proceedure before first time I rang BT was advised it was probably the older Humax Youview box I had so they sent me another newer one which unfortunately didn't seem to want to power up, rang BT again but for some reason they couldn't send a replacement( computer problem) but arrabge an appointment for a Home Expert guy in two weeks ( 3rd March ), at the last minute that was cancelled, absent engineer, after contacting them ( sub contractors from Scotland) was given another date of 17th which was not good so rang BT again and the new guy when through the same proceedure as you suggested but included reseting the Hub, which again didn't work, so he arranged a new box again, came took a while to power up ( maybe the other wasn't faulty but hey ho ) but still the same result. Everything seemed to start with the upgrade to Halo 3, first lost all broadband engineer came and put new box on wall, ONT ? ( no battery back up) then the BT Sport problem appeared, but after he had gone.Sorry this has been so long .

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

This is my answer to Les Gibson.

Thanks, but tried your solution and I'm afraid it made no difference, still reporting a broadband erroc IPC6023 for BT Sport channels and the 399 channel, don't have any others.Have to be honest I have gone through this proceedure before first time I rang BT was advised it was probably the older Humax Youview box I had so they sent me another newer one which unfortunately didn't seem to want to power up, rang BT again but for some reason they couldn't send a replacement( computer problem) but arrabge an appointment for a Home Expert guy in two weeks ( 3rd March ), at the last minute that was cancelled, absent engineer, after contacting them ( sub contractors from Scotland) was given another date of 17th which was not good so rang BT again and the new guy when through the same proceedure as you suggested but included reseting the Hub, which again didn't work, so he arranged a new box again, came took a while to power up ( maybe the other wasn't faulty but hey ho ) but still the same result. Everything seemed to start with the upgrade to Halo 3, first lost all broadband engineer came and put new box on wall, ONT ? ( no battery back up) then the BT Sport problem appeared, but after he had gone.Sorry this has been so long .

Although didn't mention to him that I can still get BT SPort on the tablet and my desktop computer so I think I will just wait for a while before ringing BT again, hoping it's a software update problem as mentioned  by the first engineer and will be sorted eventually. Hopefully before the College Football starts again (USA).

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Sorry but just realised it's Full Fibre 100 I have upgraded to not sure Halo 3 means anything.Confused dot com.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Sorry to hear that didn't work..

Brief explanation of error IPC-6023.
BT TV uses multicast packets, IPC-6023 indicates that those packets are being lost.
There are many causes, some of which may be with your home network and within your power to correct, others may be beyond your premises in which case you will need assistance from one of the mods e.g. @Gemma_P  (who has knowledge of this error).

The most likely cause within your home network is the means by which you have connected your TV box to your hub, you really need to use an ethernet cable as mini connectors are a known weak spot. If you can't use an ethernet cable, the ethernet port on the black wi-fi disc is a good substitute (the white discs may work as well but I haven't tried them so can't say for sure)

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Just reading through the history of this thread and noticed something I missed earlier.

Yes, the box on the wall is the ONT. This has also been identified as a possible cause of the IPC-6023 error, hence my suggestion to power it down.

So you had BT TV before your ONT was changed and your problems have only started since then ? If that's correct then I would say that the finger points either at the ONT or (fingers crossed) the point where the fibre plugs into it. Very gently (you don't want to damage the fibre) check the fibre connection for free play, there shouldn't be much at all. If there is excessive play then the fibre has not been plugged in all the way

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for the info but unfortunately the optical connection seems to be well located couldn't push it any further into the ONT unit. Also my hub is on a shelf just above the TV box and is connected directly by a network cable as supplied by BT. I am now wondering if it could be the new ONT box but at the moment that means waiting for one these home tech people to come as I was told that in the present situation BT TV problems are not classed as urgent and the standard BT engineers will only come if it's a broadband problem so not sure how I could prove that. Just for information the ONT is on the wall behind the TV and the hub and YouView box are on shelves above the TV and the fibre cable is on the outside wall right by the TV so nothing is travelling far. Will have one more go by rebooting the BT TV Recordable box and see if that does any good, if it doesn't work will wait a while,  can't face more sessions of hanging on the telephone. But thanks for your help anyway. 

Message 10 of 12

Hi @Sacrey I'm sorry to see you're getting that error on your BT sport channels.  Can you make sure that you've followed the ONT reset process as explained in this link? Post back to let me know how you get on.

I'd also recommend not touching the optical cable side of things as that could break the fibre which wouldn't be good.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings