cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Sport ‘you need to upgrade your package…’

Go to solution
  • I have a similar problem that I can watch BT Sport on sky and my mobile but not on my Mac, I get the ‘you need to upgrade your package to view this content’.  I’ve read and tried private windows, deleting cookies, logging in/out’ but no joy.   I contacted the help desk and they couldn’t solve it and said it had been logged, but I am desperate to get this working as laid up with Covid. Thx. 
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Sport ‘you need to upgrade your package…’

Go to solution

I'm guessing you have a BT mobile account too @GJFWey ?  The BT Sport subscription you have associated with the BT ID you messaged me is from a BT Mobile account, which only entitles you to use the mobile app.

If you pay BT for your BT Sport subscription on Sky then you need to add that account to your BT ID - check out www.bt.com/help/id003 for instructions. This will give you the full entitlement to watch on web. If you pay Sky directly for the subscription then I'm afraid that doesn't come with any entitlement to use the BT Sport app - you'll need to use the Sky app.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you, I have two accounts linked to that id.  One is a GB… number and the others is an LS… number. The LS account has the Broadband and BT Sport on it plus 5 family SIMs.   The GB amount is because I have an extra SIM for my iPad.   There is no separate account for these BT Sport, it shows as a product under the LS account. 

I feel the system is validating my access only against them GB account. That one always comes up first when I log onto MyBT.   Can I change the order it validates against?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Check out www.bt.com/help/id003 - you need to make sure you have account holder rights for it to be included in your app rights. It must currently be account manager, as it's not showing on your BT ID.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Just checked in MyBT and I am ‘Account holder’ for both of the accounts. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Please send me a DM with the account numbers - I'll need to track down the stray service and attach it manually.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the DM - your account is now fixed. Please give it a try.

Yours was actually a known issue affecting some customers who have a BT Sport subscription through BT Mobile first, which is then upgraded to a full subscription.

Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you, yes it is fixed!!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi,

I got BT Sport through ee yesterday but I am now getting this message also, are you able to assist?  I have not had BT Sport since I had Virgin TV but never as a separate account.

Thanks, 

Nikki

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Did you purchase the large screen add-on @NikkiMil78? The standard subscription only includes access from the BT Sport app on phones and tablets.
0 Ratings