cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT TELEPHONE DIRECTORY (PAPER & ONLINE)

Do BT still produce paper copies of directory?  I did find my landline in the last directory I got years ago.

Should I not be able to find my number on internet by searching 'my name' on some web address?

This also does not work.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT TELEPHONE DIRECTORY (PAPER & ONLINE)

I got one the other week, ended up in the bin as did all it’s predecessors.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Why would you want to publicise your number - thus attracting Spam?  I've never been in a directory.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

I want to contact Mr Joe Soap whose number is not X directory but I do not know his number.

Joe Soap 2 might wat to contact me but he does nit know my number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

I understand the scenario but today, it is not solved by telephone directories.  Most people use mobile phones for which there are not and can not be directories. You can change your SIM/number twice a a day.  Directories also give addresses, so you can separate one Joe Soap from another and that would require specific permission.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@wacwrote:

Do BT still produce paper copies of directory?  I did find my landline in the last directory I got years ago.

Should I not be able to find my number on internet by searching 'my name' on some web address?

This also does not work.

Hi @wac ,

Here is a link to BT's online Directory https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/person/

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Thank for online link.

Stlll not had reply about paper copy of phone directory.

Paper directories are referenced in new contacts.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

@wac It would seem they do still do the physical phone books. Have a look at the FAQs on the link below.

Under "Supply & Delivery Enquiries", it states that they deliver them every 12 months and that if you have not received one, you can order one for free if you are a BT customer. Otherwise if not  BT customer, you can order one for a fee.

https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/HelpAndSupport/Faq/ 

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 14.53.05.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hard work is not easy, regarding getting a paper copy of phone book!!!

Please note the following and hopefully someone will be able to correct the web page.......

google has my name & address. Whenever I select my name the pro-forma fills in the name & address.

However for unknown reason (the fault!!) it puts the STREET as ADDRESS2 and the HOUSE NUMBER ONLY as ADDRESS1

THIS FAILS!!! and OBJECTS TO HOUSE NUMBER ONLY, 

WHEN I FILLED IN MANUALLY WITH HOUSE NUMBER AND STREET AS ADDRESS1 IT WORKED

I look forward to reading my phone book which I have now ordered and which I have been paying for without receiving it!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO APPROPIATE DEPARTMENT

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

I'm confused now @wac How can you be paying for something that is free of charge?

0 Ratings