cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

@DarrenDev 

In an earlier post you confirmed that once wifi was enabled then the box can receive multicast transmissions over wifi BUT you didn't qualify this by saying that only with a SmartHub 2 I believe as previous hubs don't transmit multicast.

Am I correct in stating this?

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 433

Only Smart Hub 2 (including BT Complete Wifi discs) will be supported for wifi connection, however other products are known to work (e.g. BT Whole Home Wifi - which can be used with any router).

Previous BT hubs aren't a concern, as ordering the new BT TV box will result in a new Smart Hub 2 hub being sent out too (if you don't have one already).

0 Ratings
Message 113 of 433

@DarrenDev 

Thanks for the clarification.

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 433

I got the new Box Pro and already had a Hub6 - never got a new Smart Hub 2 with the order and would not be using one in any case.

@DarrenDevwrote:

Only Smart Hub 2 (including BT Complete Wifi discs) will be supported for wifi connection, however other products are known to work (e.g. BT Whole Home Wifi - which can be used with any router).

Previous BT hubs aren't a concern, as ordering the new BT TV box will result in a new Smart Hub 2 hub being sent out too (if you don't have one already).

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 115 of 433

@ozsat wrote:

I got the new Box Pro and already had a Hub6 - never got a new Smart Hub 2 with the order and would not be using one in any case.

You also don't have WiFi enabled on your Box Pro. 😀

I don't know what the plan is for those who already took the new box before WiFi was enabled.

0 Ratings
Message 116 of 433

So will the Hub6 work as unsupported?  Wifi isn't really needed here as the cable is already in place.

@DarrenDevwrote:

@ozsatwrote:

You also don't have WiFi enabled on your Box Pro. 😀

I don't know what the plan is for those who already took the new box before WiFi was enabled.

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 433

@ozsat wrote:

So will the Hub6 work as unsupported?  Wifi isn't really needed here as the cable is already in place.

Not something I know the answer to I'm afraid.

0 Ratings
Message 118 of 433

Tomorrow at 11.30am - Man Utd v Liverpool  -  HDR on 465

@Bluemoon1wrote:

Got the new box yesterday all set up in ten minutes. I too was wondering why there is a £20 connection fee.

Must say the picture on the HDR channel is awesome, even the sound is better through the sound bar which is not a high end expensive one.. Anyone know when first football is on there. 

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 433

Ordered a TV Box Pro this week  after frustrating calls where some agents weren't aware of the new box..

Went for the Big Sport offer for £1 a month for 3 months and will then change to BT Sport only for month 4.  Avoided the spurious 'connection' fee this way, plus no P&P 🙂

Agent didn't mention that a new Smart Hub 2 would also be sent and I ordered mini connectors for £10 to try and connect via the mains wiring.

Are the Pro boxes being sent out now already wifi enabled? @DarrenDev  The Smart Hub 2 arrived today and the box and connectors dispatched today.

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 433

No - WiFi on the Pro box is currently disabled in software. It'll be turned on "soon".