cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 151 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

@DarrenDev  Try F1-0291 & 293 , i was told under review and awaiting fix…over a year ago

0 Ratings
Message 152 of 433

@DarrenDev  Hi Darren, thanks for the update re:audio.  I find it somewhat incredulous that the 'fault' couldn't be replicated, given at least 2 others plus myself have commented on it here. I have an incident logged with the tech team, and they are sending me a replacement. Not sure whether to cancel it, if it's a generic issue, to save wastage, or leave it, if it couldn't be replicated it may point to individual boxes?

0 Ratings
Message 153 of 433

I've had the box from near on release and the sound is the same for me , tinny and echoey unless it's in dolby surround or just tv speaker , I have another box upstairs that I bought on ebay I should swap and try that one to see if it is a box problem.   Just hoping they do a software update 🙏  soon to sort it and for WiFi.  

0 Ratings
Message 154 of 433

@Darryl 

Did Amazon say the same as my Prime app is also stuck at 50fps with 'Match Frame Rate' set on?

I've just tried that and my other devices are switching - but the BT box is stuck at 50fps.

I can't find any app on the BT box that switches away from 50fps.

@DarrenDevwrote:

Regarding the frame rate matching feature, it doesn't apply to Netflix content - they specifically requested that we didn't apply it to their app.  I don't have a definition of which apps do currently support/use it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 155 of 433

pro box volume and 4app

box connected to denon avr and i am having to turn the volume past 50d which is ten 10d higher than apple tv

old 4k box was fine

can the volume be adjusted on the box or is it set?

and is it correct that the all4 app is in standard definition bit disappointed as its hd on apple tv and with more 4 etc not available in hd on youview i cant use the bt box 

can the app not be updated to the hd version

0 Ratings
Message 156 of 433

I have an update on the 2.0/5.1 issue:

This is working as designed.

If the HDMI output is set to ‘Surround’ the output is transcoded to DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus, E-AC3). This is for surround sound amps and TVs that support DD+. If the source is 5.1 channel then the output is 5.1 channel DD+. If the source is 2 channel then the output is 2 channel DD+. Some content and / or amplifiers generate pseudo 5.1 channel from 2 channel DD+ depending on the mode the amplifier is in.

I appreciate this may not be a desirable response, but I'm told any change to this behaviour (if requested) would be unlikely to come any time soon as there's still so much work planned for this device that is higher priority.  The recommendation is to check your receiver settings to make sure you don't have any virtual audio processing enabled.

Message 157 of 433

I think getting the video/audio working correct should be of the highest priority.

Some ampliers will produce a psuedo effect as described but most have the option to take 'straight' audio in and pass it through which is what I am doing.

The BT box is distorting the audio!

@DarrenDevwrote:

I have an update on the 2.0/5.1 issue:

This is working as designed.

If the HDMI output is set to ‘Surround’ the output is transcoded to DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus, E-AC3). This is for surround sound amps and TVs that support DD+. If the source is 5.1 channel then the output is 5.1 channel DD+. If the source is 2 channel then the output is 2 channel DD+. Some content and / or amplifiers generate pseudo 5.1 channel from 2 channel DD+ depending on the mode the amplifier is in.

I appreciate this may not be a desirable response, but I'm told any change to this behaviour (if requested) would be unlikely to come any time soon as there's still so much work planned for this device that is higher priority.  The recommendation is to check your receiver settings to make sure you don't have any virtual audio processing enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 158 of 433

agree

this is basic and should be working as every other piece of audio/video does

i find it impossible to watch youview on this box and the low volume makes matters worse

Message 159 of 433

I have had problems with surround sound through a Sony AV Receiver, set box to surround and I only get sound from front L& R speakers no Dolby atmos experience. BT sent tech out he could not fix it they then sent another tech with a replacement box but again the same problem, I hav even tried audio through optic cable but I cannot get surround sound. Old BT box worked ok so the Tech experts believe there is a software problem. 

Message 160 of 433

@DarrenDev @ozsat  Yes agree with ozsat. Dolby sound was one of the advertised features, and although it does produce Dolby, it screws up any other sound source.

Seem's like the box was released ala Bill Gates testing mode. Deploy a new device/release and let the customers do the testing for you.