cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 211 of 433

Re: BT TV Box Pro - comments/questions

FWIW I totally agree with you guys on this, based on your description of what's happening. I must admit that I didn't notice any of these issues when I had my box connected to my Atmos amp though.

I try to maintain a philosophy of seeing the best in people - there will have been good intentions behind (or good reasons for) the decisions that were made. I have confidence that no-one on the F1 project (as it was known internally) did anything to intentionally downgrade the experience for surround sound users. Now that it's done though, it's a LOT harder to undo - especially when there are still so many other things that need to be done.
Message 212 of 433

The problem is though that which such a small number of beta testers - even 5% of users finding the problem could result in a "it was only one person" resoultion.

The best beta testers are those who want to break a system, pick fault and expect issues - not those were want to get something early and hope it works for them.

@DarrenDevwrote:
FWIW I totally agree with you guys on this, based on your description of what's happening. I must admit that I didn't notice any of these issues when I had my box connected to my Atmos amp though.

I try to maintain a philosophy of seeing the best in people - there will have been good intentions behind (or good reasons for) the decisions that were made. I have confidence that no-one on the F1 project (as it was known internally) did anything to intentionally downgrade the experience for surround sound users. Now that it's done though, it's a LOT harder to undo - especially when there are still so many other things that need to be done.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 213 of 433

BT Pro box not showing BT Sport 4k (ch433)

I was using the old style 4k box for around 4 years with no issues, 4k channel working fine. The recording ability of the box broke so I was sent a new BT Pro box. Setup myself and all working fine including BT Sport HD1-3, sky sports in HD all fine. 4k channel doesn't work, shows the description of whatever is showing at that particular time but no picture or sound. Have rebooted/reset/powered off etc but hasn't fixed it. BT sent me a new box but hasn't fixed it either. When I was mucking around testing it I put the old style box back in and 4k channel works fine on that still so nothing wrong with my cabling etc. Any suggestions pls as BT support not the most helpful and has now been escalated to another team with 5 day lead time...

0 Ratings
Message 214 of 433

Last night sat down to watch BT Sport ultimate channel 466 and was looking forward to being immersed in sound (as the bt advert said prior to match) and guess what total deflating experience. The picture quality was superb no compliants there but the sound with the Pro box set at surround was flat. The pre match talking seemed to be in 5.1 but when the game started it was only out of the front speakers, the sub turned off as it was not getting a signal I was waiting to feel like I was there but it was rubbish.

I just feel totally let down and to think  I have another 23 months of this rubbish to go. One question I would like someone from the BT development team to explain is what system they checked there so called PRO box on?

I ended wathing the sport in stereo as at least this signal let my receiver operate the sub and all the speakers even though it wasnt true 5.1 it was the best I could get.

Message 215 of 433

There is a known fault with the audio at present on the BT Sport channels with the Box Pro - which is being looked into.

Basically - if you set the box to 'Surround' and the source is not 'Surround' - then the sound gets distorted.

It is discussed further back in this thread.

@Graydeewrote:

Last night sat down to watch BT Sport ultimate channel 466 and was looking forward to being immersed in sound (as the bt advert said prior to match) and guess what total deflating experience. The picture quality was superb no compliants there but the sound with the Pro box set at surround was flat. The pre match talking seemed to be in 5.1 but when the game started it was only out of the front speakers, the sub turned off as it was not getting a signal I was waiting to feel like I was there but it was rubbish.

I just feel totally let down and to think  I have another 23 months of this rubbish to go. One question I would like someone from the BT development team to explain is what system they checked there so called PRO box on?

I ended wathing the sport in stereo as at least this signal let my receiver operate the sub and all the speakers even though it wasnt true 5.1 it was the best I could get.

0 Ratings
Message 216 of 433

@ozsat It's apparent on all channels in my experience. 

0 Ratings
Message 217 of 433

For the known issue - I'm only aware of it being on the NOW channels and the BT channels.

I don't have problems other than those.

@scharterwrote:

@ozsat It's apparent on all channels in my experience. 

0 Ratings
Message 218 of 433

Yeah, unfortunately for every channel, surround mode is unusable, unless the source is 5.1 / Dolby. So much so, I leave it in stereo, or don't use the box. V disappointed with it. The old box was better. I'm tempted to use that again.
0 Ratings
Message 219 of 433

Not being rude but how you can say the old box is better is beyond me. 

0 Ratings
Message 220 of 433

Because it handled any sound source, and played it correctly (except Dolby obviously, which was presented as 5.1)
0 Ratings