cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: BT TV Pro box problems

That's not a thing. The only statistical thing that is similar to this and generally true is the fact that for every person with a problem and a reason to complain, there are hundreds/thousands or more who have little to no issues at all.

That is about as close to a universally true statement you can get. How many others will have problems and not post will be anywhere from almost nobody to a decent number, and is never knowable so not worth mentioning.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Just ordered my 2nd box with the current one grey screening with no picture, no menu and no option to restart. Only option is to remove main power, remove aerial and restart the box. Very disappointing for new BT customer after moving from Virgin. Make the V6 box amazing. Customer support fantastic from BT, credit. I want working TV box pro not the customer service!
Message 13 of 19

Hi. Yes I am frequently having to turn power off and frustratingly wait for all to come back on.  My wife goes nuts and threatening to ditch the box.   Tech people have been and performed a factory reset but as I expected still does it.   I have had many models of box and all the latest have suffered from freezing. Malcolm 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Update Re: BT TV Pro box problems

My Pro box problem solved! Amazingly, the problem causing the Pro boxes to keep freezing was co-axial (freeview) signal strength/quality! Weirdly, the previous box had no problems with signal, and neither did my tv, but the Pro box needed a stronger signal - and malfunctioned if not strong enough! New aerial + plugs = freezing problem sorted! (Although pro box still does occasionally need resetting). Hope that might help someone!

Message 15 of 19

Re: Update Re: BT TV Pro box problems

Hi. Useful information but I have a new aerial and signal strength and quality very high.   I suppose at times May get weak signals if transmitter fault.   Still believe it is a firmware issue.     Pleased you have solved at least your main issue.   Malcolm 

Message 16 of 19

I still maintain that the Pro box is not fit for purpose and BT are in breach of contract. If this matter is not sorted out soon I will be contacting the legal department of my trade union to act on my behalf.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

The problem is they "loan" customers the box - if we had actually paid for it, then their attitude might be a bit better. I have had no issues with crashes or freezes until the last few days, but the box has had to be restarted a couple of times, since the end of last week. It just stops responding. The audio issue (outputs everything with a surround flag on it) which it has had from launch, isn't even being investigated by the development team yet, as according to a Mod on this forum, there simply too many other "issues" ahead of it.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

I agree that the Pro box is only loaned but we are paying for a service that we are not getting.

Message 19 of 19

Turned the box on tonight, stuck on channel 1 (which is a hidden channel), not responding to any button presses on the remote. Had to pull the power and let it reboot. 

0 Ratings